Some Advice For My Best Friend's Fiancé

Some Advice For My Best Friend's Fiancé

Love her like the day you first knew she was the one.

375
Some Advice For My Best Friend's Fiancé
Jocelyn Mosman

Dear Fiancé of My Best Friend (a.k.a. The Luckiest Man In The World),

Since you just proposed to my best friend, I have a few reminders for you about one of the greatest people I've ever known.

She is a strong, beautiful, fantastic and extremely intelligent woman. I know she is going places and she will want you there beside her. Thank you for being there for her when I was 2,000 plus miles away. It means the world to me that she has someone on her side, wherever she may be.

Support is something that everyone needs, including her. As the years pass, please never stop being there for her. Be her rock if she needs you to be. Be her pillow when she is tired. Be her friend when everything seems to be going wrong. She will return the favor.

She loves you not because of what you have, but because of who you are. No matter how much you make or what you do or where you live, she loves you because you are an amazing person. Do not get caught up in the concern for material goods and possessions. You have her love, and that's worth more than any house or car or appliance.

Marriage is hard and it takes a lot of work. However, you two have been practicing for years and years. From sharing an apartment to dating for as long as I can remember, you two have everything going for you. Continue to communicate with one another, have fun together, make memories whenever you can and love each other more every single day.

Marrying my best friend means there will always be a warm place in my heart for you, too. We talk every day and we have got the whole long distance thing down. You may be subject to: Dinners, chill time, Netflix marathons, random visits, long car rides, lots of coffee, etc. I am opening my heart to you.

She is perhaps the kindest, funniest, most brilliant, wittiest, most loyal person I've ever met. She is so rare. A gem of a human and we both are so lucky to have found her. I thank my lucky stars every day for meeting that woman five years ago. She means the world to me, and I know she does to you, too. She deserves someone like you, who treats her like royalty, but the kind of royalty that can be super independent and totally hardcore and awesome. She makes the people closest to her feel 1,000 times better when she's around. She is a force of positivity and I hope you can help her light shine even brighter.

Be prepared for the sappiest, most ridiculously lovey-dovey, sickeningly sweet speech of your life at your wedding. It will be a cross between poetry and political argumentation. It will be a philosophical debate with bits of Shakespeare wrapped around the edges. It will make you cry and laugh at the same time. That will be one of many moments that will make you cry and laugh at the same time. I will remember your wedding day the rest of my life as the day my best friend married her soul mate. I could not ask for more. Here's to a day none of us will ever forget!

Most importantly, love her. Love her like the day you first realized she was the one. Love her like the first time you kissed. Love her like the day you met her family. Love her like the day she met yours. Love her more than you love anything. Love her more every day following the wedding. Love her when she has your children. Love her when she graduates law school. Love her when she gets a promotion at work. Love her when she opens her own firm. Love her when your children are growing up. Love her when beauty fades. Love her as you grow older together. Love her no matter where in the world she is. Love her because of her imperfections, not despite them. Love her because of her quirks. Love her with all of your heart. That's all I can ask. In the famous words of The Beatles, "All you need is love. Love is all you need."

Sincerely and with much love,

Your Fiancee's Best Friend.