A Letter To Every Stressed-Out Freshman

A Letter To Every Stressed-Out Freshman

Advice from someone who has 100% been there.

1145
college, texas, a&m, graduate
@tamuliberalarts on Instagram

Dear Freshmen,

I guess I should start with a very simple congratulations, you made it to college (WHOOP). From personal experience, I can guess you're experiencing one of two emotions.

You're most likely either extremely excited to be getting out of the prison you call home (totally kidding, parents) or you're probably super nervous (like me).

I'm here to tell you I promise it will all be okay. I promise it will get better.

Freshman year is the most stressful year of college, not because the classes are truly harder or the professors want to "weed you out" but because you have to do everything you did in high school in terms of academics in addition to all the day-to-day stuff.

So now, instead of just doing homework when you leave class, you also have to feed yourself, do your laundry, make sure you make it to your meetings, and keep your dorm (or wherever you might be staying) clean. Sounds like a lot, right? Yeah, it definitely is.

BUT, be patient and it will get so much better. That whole process of actually folding and organizing clothes becomes much better after a year. Actually, that's a lie. Laundry still sucks, but you get used to it. Plus, it becomes an accomplishment of sorts to have completely clean clothes that are neatly folded or organized.

In all seriousness, go into your first year knowing it will be hard. But also know that you will meet some of the most incredible people ever. You will meet people that are so similar to you, you never dreamed they'd exist. You'll meet your best friend, the people you want to be in your wedding, and so many more people. So enjoy it!!

It's okay to be stressed, but remember that you made it. You deserve to be there so make the most of life and above all else, enjoy yourself and the experience that, I promise, will be over before you know it.