Advice For The Confused College Girl

Advice For The Confused College Girl

What to do when you feel like you can't figure out your future, dreams, or life.

54
Advice For The Confused College Girl

"You're crazy," they said as I scribbled away doodles, tried to open an Etsy shop, and packed boxes in my tiny sorority bedroom.

I didn't stick with Etsy for long but I had the itch to get outside of the norm -- to do something so beyond ordinary when I graduated. I couldn't help but start something. I didn't know what that something was, I just knew I had to do it.

So, I tried all sorts of creative endeavors. I was more like a whirling tornado of creativity than a human as I grabbed my diploma and zipped into the next project. TBH, I've been more of a hot mess than an actual human in my lifetime. Sounds like you? Cool, join the club.

Follow Jordan on her blog, Soul Scripts.

You know, a lot of people ask me how I started blogging and speaking, how I grew an audience, etc. And one of the many things I've learned is that it's about getting started before you have it all figured out. It's about dipping your toe into the cold, deep sea because you'll never walk on water if you don't get out of the boat.

Walking on water sounds crazy, right?

Good, it should. But I think we're called to be crazy -- to step outside of the ordinary and to do those things we don't believe we could ever achieve, and even the things we don't fully understand.

It's not about proclaiming to the world, "HEY FOLLOW ME I'VE GOT IT FIGURED OUT."

It's about taking a sister's hand, walking this journey, and saying, "HEY, WE'LL FIGURE IT OUT TOGETHER."

It's about making the hard calls, being willing to change, learning as we go, and following the Leader even when we look crazy. When I started doing that, something amazing happened. My blogging hobby turned into more than just a hobby. It led me to become a full-time writer and speaker instead of using my degree after college...something I never thought I could or would do.

CRAZY, right?

Find Jordan on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.

So if you're afraid to chase your passion for fear of being called crazy, be crazy with me anyway. Jump out of your safe little boat. I promise, with a little bit of faith, some stink, sweat, and your eyes fixed on God's power over your life when the waves start crashing, you WILL walk on water. Even when the world says you can't. It's like it's what you were made to do or something.

PS. If you're curious about how I grew my faith-based blog audience from just 100 readers to over 100,000 readers in less than 12 months, you can download my cheatsheet by clicking the link below.

Grow Your Blog With Purpose (With These 5 Things)