Why Adventures Aren't Just For The Weekends

Take a Thursday night with your roommate and go listen to a band at your local coffee shop.

126
Julia Jorns

With all of our busy lives, it's easy to say, "I'll just wait till the weekend," when someone asks us to do something with them. Weekends are seen as an easy time to plan fun events and trips. But why are we always waiting till the weekend?

If you want to do something awesome, exciting, and fun, you can do that any day of the week! I know that in college it's easy to get wrapped up in assignments, work, and club meetings throughout the week. But what if we all took a day and did something we would normally put off until the weekend for?

My freshman year of college, one of my roommates and I made an event out of going to see a band at a local coffee shop. This wasn't a big event by any means that took weeks or months of planning. She found the event through social media and we decided it would be a fun time to hang out.

College is all about making memories and finding your lifelong friends. Yes, we need to keep up with our studies and class assignments. But we also have to remember we're only in college for a short time.

Do you want to look back on your college experiences and say all you ever did was study every school night and never took a few hours to spend with your roommate? I know that I want to look back and say that I was a good student, but that I also didn't let that dictate my whole college career.

Who knows, you might get to listen to a cool band that you had never heard of before. They might even become one of your favorites. Then the next time they're in town, the lead singer remembers you and signs one of their band stickers for you and is more than happy to take a picture.