Adulting: As Told By Andy Dwyer

Adulting: As Told By Andy Dwyer

"I have no idea what I'm doing but I know I'm doing it very well."

108
NBC Universal Media / IMDb

Adulting (v): to do grown up things and hold responsibilities such as, a 9-5 job, a mortgage/rent, a car payment or anything else that makes one think of grown ups. (Urban Dictionary)

As we enter into our college years, the real world seems so distant. Next thing you know, you're scheduling classes for your senior year. Soon we will all be college graduates out in the world, living on our own and trying to figure out what "being an adult" truly means. Before we get there, there are many firsts that we have to encounter. And who better to help explain them than Andy Dwyer, the G.O.A.T. in the adulting world.

1. Living on your own.

Of course eating off of a Frisbee instead of a plate is acceptable. Trying to be an adult by doing laundry, cleaning and dishes is hard work. Especially when there are so many other things you could be doing, like watching "Parks and Rec" or taking naps.

2. Going to the grocery store without your parents.

This is a major step in the adulting process. I frequently wonder how my mom remembers where everything is in the entire grocery store. Who knew that the raisins would be in the candy aisle? Chris Traeger, that's who.

3. Cooking on your own.

Mom made it look so easy and noodles are difficult.

4. Learning new things all by yourself.

Such as all the essentials we didn't learn in high school and college like how to pay taxes and mortgages. They may not be the most exciting things, but they are necessary.

5. Scheduling doctors appointments yourself and having to go by yourself.

We all know no one actually wants to schedule their own appointments. I call my mom just to ask her to call for me. Should I get fluoride every time I'm at the dentist? Only mom knows.

6. Trying to stay "healthy."

Always a struggle. Everyone wants to be healthy, but the execution part is where the problem lies.

7. Realizing there aren't enough hours in the day to do everything.

I finally understand why my mom says she never has time for anything.

8. Congratulations! You've finally graduated. The world is your oyster.

Now get out there and show the world what you're made of.

9. Interviewing for a bunch of jobs you don't even really want.

Yes, I want money. No, I do not want to go to interviews.

10. When you finally land your first job just to find out that you hate it.

Let's be honest, we all can't start out with our dream job and that's okay. Just fake it until you make it and keep climbing to the top!

11. There will also be times that you will have no idea what's going on or what you're doing.

Own it.

12. And also realize that in no way has college prepared you for the real world.

Run away!

13. In the end, we all know that we need to stay young at heart.

We still need to have fun even though we are apart of the adult world.

As our school careers come to an end, just remember that Andy Dwyer will always be here to give you the best possible advice for becoming an adult.