Adele's New Album Will Make You Cry

Adele's New Album Will Make You Cry

Just take all the Grammys....

7
Adele's New Album Will Make You Cry

So the time has finally come. Adele’s new album is here. And it is everything you’ve ever expected and MORE. So here is my initial breakdown of the album (keyword BREAKDOWN).

Send My Love (To Your New Lover)

This song is the song to listen to when you are over and done with that person. You know the one who you were head over heels for a while ago, who literally shaped you into the person you are now, but for some reason things didn’t work out. They went bad and although it took you forever to get over them, you finally are done. And now, you’ve never been happier.

I Miss You

I’m not going to lie when I read this title I thought for sure that this song would be really sad. And it is sad, but not quite in the way you would expect. Instead of being a tearful recount of memories past with an old lover or friend, it’s a dark twist on some sort of hinting sexual relationship that leaves Adele wanting more. This relationship is difficult and fragile, but Adele’s feelings are strong and real, which only serves to make this song one of the more interesting choices for Adele.

When We Were Young

Sonically, this song manages to be both simple and meaningful, while lyrically, Adele touches on some of her most reflective lyrics yet. She comes from a place above her previous child-like self. She is now someone with experience and understanding but still someone who is affected by seeing her ex-lover. The memories of their relationship and her youth come flooding back and with this comes yet another beautifully sung ballad.

Remedy

This song definitely has the potential to be Adele’s next single off of her album. It’s a tear-jerker with a simple melody, but powerful, universal lyrics. Adele doesn’t push her voice as much in this song as she does in “Hello,” but I’m not complaining. I think her voice control matches well with the title and overall vibe.

Water Under The Bridge

When I heard this song I immediately felt a reaction. This song will resonate with all the people in uncertain relationships. With that person that you think is the one, but for some reason things just don’t work out. No matter what you can’t get them to admit their very evident love and you can’t get yourself to let go. It’s a deadly combination that leaves you torn between what you know to be true and your current reality.

River Lea

Personally, I think this is one of the most interesting songs on Adele’s album. The idea of a river somehow contributing to one’s personality, when taken literally is definitely an interesting concept. And while Adele probably didn’t mean this extremely literally, she is definitely hinting at the idea that one’s culture impacts their behavior and attitudes and for this she makes an interesting point.

Love In The Dark

My vote for "saddest song on the album" (and it’s hard to choose). It’s one thing to regret a past relationship, to miss someone, to try to get someone back in vain, but it’s a completely different kind of pain to know that your current relationship is dead and that you have to leave it. There is no salvaging it, there is no hope, no matter how hard you both try to hold on. *Cue the tears*

A Million Years Ago

This is not a love song but rather a life song. Here we are given an inside look into Adele’s reflections about her life. She talks about her regrets, her mother and her overall sense of a lack of control. Hey, Adele. Thanks for summing up my emotions towards my quarter-life crisis.

All I Ask

And now we are back to the sad love songs. Warning, do not listen to this if you think that you could potentially be seeing someone for the last time. You will not be able to control yourself. Especially when she finds herself questioning if she will ever be able to love again. Just take my advice. Listen to this song sparingly.

Sweetest DevotionThe positive conclusion to a rather depressing album.This is by far the happiest song, and Adele concluding with this is inspirational. After songs and songs of deep reflection and misery, this song makes me picture a beautiful wedding that comes after years of turmoil. Everything about this song gives you hope. Everything will work out and sometimes all you need is time.