Activities For College Students Who Don't Drink

5 Activities For The College Students Who Don't Wanna Get Drunk

Because there are way funner things to do than stand around awkwardly at a party.

52
https://pixabay.com/en/glasses-toasting-cheers-alcohol-919071/

Sometimes, it seems like college is more like a super-exclusive bar that takes tens of thousands of dollars to get into instead of a school. Students' lives seem to revolve around their next party or bar visit instead of their next exam or job interview. Colleges sell community instead of academics, making students believe that they're attending college for the experience and memories instead of job opportunities and technical skill.

All of this can be extremely frustrating for college students who have no interest in getting blackout drunk with a bunch of acquaintances they barely know from their classes. Maybe it's because you simply don't like the taste of alcohol or because you don't want to get into the trouble that usually ensues, but either way, there are plenty of fun things for you and your other non-drinking friends to do instead of reluctantly go to parties.

1. Go out to eat

Image result for eating at a restaurant

Why drink when you can fill your belly with delicious food? Talking and hanging out with your friends over a nice meal is much more intimate than trying to scream-talk at a party or in a bar.

2. Have a movie night

Image result for watching a movie

Watching movies is one of the funnest forms of entertainment there are. Find a great movie to see in the theatre, or curl up with an old favorite at home. It's relaxing and another great time to indulge in some yummy food like popcorn!

3. Go out in nature

Image result for hiking in nature

This one might not be possible for all college campuses, but if you live near nature, go immerse yourself in it! Being in nature does wonders for our physical and mental health, and it is downright beautiful.

4. Go to a concert

Image result for concert

Whether it's a local band or a world tour, there is nothing more exhilarating than going to a great live concert. Take a look at the tours coming to your city, and make it a date with your friends!

5. Go Shopping

Image result for shopping

Even if it's only window-shopping, walking around the mall with your favorite people can be heaps of fun.