Achieving Your Goals In 2018

Achieving Your Goals In 2018

Every action should serve a purpose.
200

Everybody has goals, dreams, and personal adjustments that they wish to see come to fruition in 2018. Every single year, my social media feeds are full of the "new year, new me" nonsense, but nobody ever changes. If you want to change yourself this year, then making a New Years resolution is the absolute worst thing you can do to achieve it.

Don't start big. When you set goals, you want to make them small and reachable so that they compound on one another. It's like climbing a latter; you don't just immediately jump to reach the top rung. Instead, you take it one step at a time with consistency so you don't fall off or tire of climbing. So many people who set a goal fail to achieve it because they get burned out by trying to go "all or nothing." Just slow down and don't rush it.

If you really want to change, then sit down and write down three things you want to accomplish each week that will help you achieve your overall goal. Changing your life doesn't just magically start at the stroke of 12. You have to be truly active if you want to change. Everything you do should have a purpose. Write down your overall goal every single day in multiple places to remind yourself of what you want to accomplish. Don't be afraid to ask others to help motive and remind you too.

Whether the goal is losing weight, improving grades, saving up for a new car, or just being a better person, everyone enters a new year with high hopes, expectations, and optimism. Use this time to set real goals that will help you become who you want to be, not some ridiculous resolution that you'll forget about two weeks later. Change doesn't happen over night. It takes a lot of time and a lot of consistency.

As we start this new year, I wish you all nothing but the best of life. I myself have plenty to change and I know we can achieve our goals if we take this year one day at a time. Make every day count!