Set Small Goals First

Sometimes, All You Need Are The Simplest Of Goals

Start small and build up from there.

57
https://unsplash.com/photos/aQAz-fz2AAo

Sometimes we just need time to reflect on all that has occurred to us in this lifetime. It is very easy for most of us to forget where we come from or just simply forget all the steps we have taken to get to a certain point in our lives.

Most people will say that if they looked back into the past, they would never picture themselves where they are today. But also, there are those who are the exception to the rule who say that's what they strived for and there was never a day in their lives when they doubted they would get there. I am envious of those people who are so sure of what they want and the aggressiveness in which they pursue their end goals.

Those same people will also say that once they reached their goal, they did not know what came next. I guess that's where I take a breath of fresh air and thank God that I do not follow that method religiously. Yes, we all should have an end goal, but within the end goal, we should have some markers that we each need to reach. I believe this is the best way to reach the end goal and potentially find new goals.

Making goals is an important feature that really keeps us going on a day-to-day basis. Most people may argue that they do not have any goals, but in the reality, we all really have at least one, even if we claim that we don't. It may be as simple as making rent at the end of the month or saving up to get that Apple Watch that you really want. Most goals are probably ones that we do not say out loud. There will be a time in our lives when we reach a point where we should re-evaluate our goals, because they may be something we cannot reach in a reasonable amount of time. Therefore, it is better to create goals that we can reach in a timely matter because that way we can move on to the next one with no problems.

50 percent of the time, most people create goals that are unrealistic, and in the long run will probably set you back. Something I have learned is that depending on how old I am or the older I am, my goals tend to be a little bit crazy and somewhat unrealistic. I have been learning how to make my goals achievable so that later I will not have to come back and re-evaluate. I believe this is the best way to also get your ideas in check.

Next time you think of a goal, maybe think about if it's a goal you will be able to achieve in a timely matter. By timely, I mean that it literally won't take you a lifetime to complete. The best feeling about achieving a goal is that it does not matter if it's big or small, but the fact that you were able to achieve it.