How To Achieve Happiness In 2017

How To Achieve Happiness In 2017

Happiness can be achieved this year if you let go of these 10 things
37

The biggest New Year’s resolution for most people is to find happiness, but the problem is sometimes how to achieve it. Below you will find a list of 10 things to let go of and hopefully get closer to happiness and even having 2017 become your best year (cause we all know 2016 was pretty bad).

1. Let go of toxic people in your life

We sometimes have a tendency of keeping toxic people in our lives because maybe that are the only people we have ever known. Letting go of people that you've known for years can sometimes be challenging, but if they just bring negative vibes and energy, you need to let them go. Have people in your life that bring good vibes and positive energy.

2. Let go of regretting past mistakes

You might regret pulling that all nighter before your exam, or skipping class for something irrelevant, but if you constantly regret something and not do anything about it, nothing changes. Learning from our mistakes is what makes us succeed. As popular rapper (and arguably the greatest of all time) J. Cole once said, “Every loser gotta win and every winner gotta lose someday."

3. Let go of the need to be right

If you know you are right in a situation with friends, family or whatever the case may be, never feel the need to shove it in their face because this makes you arrogant in the long run and deprives you from becoming a happy person.

4. Let go of feeling sorry for yourself

You might be going through depression or anxiety or something else that is very common among people, but always feeling bad for yourself and trying to make others feel bad for you doesn’t help you at all. Try and embrace whatever you are going through and instead of seeking for pity, seek for help.

5. Let go of negative self-talk

Waking up and telling yourself “I'm ugly” and “I'm not good enough” will make you feel like that the whole day, even if it is not necessarily true. Telling yourself “I’m beautiful” and “I got this” and also hearing other people say it is sure to make your day better.

6. Let go of the need to impress others

At the end of the day, you are here for your own life and impressing others doesn't do you any good if you are not the one who is impressed. Impress yourself first, and what others think won't matter anymore.

7. Let go of limiting beliefs

Telling yourself “I can't do it” sets a negative goal in your head and that goal sometimes affects the outcome of your situation. For example, if you go to the gym and you tell yourself “I can't run a mile,” you limit the outcome of your running before you even begin. Instead of telling yourself negative thoughts, try and have more positive self-talk like, “I can do it” and “I can do better than that."

8. Let go of the need to please everyone

This is similar to number six, and is very important when you want to find happiness, because the main reason people are happy is because they are pleased with their life and decisions. If you are pleasing others and following their direction you will make THEM happy instead of YOU.

9. Let go of gossip and complaining

We sometimes don't have things to talk about and we start talking about other people. LET GO OF THAT. In life, you need to always be talking about the future and the next step in order to achieve your dreams. Set goals and always have plans on how you will achieve them. You don't need to bring others down in the process.

10. Let go of worrying about the future

The most important thing right now is the present. What you do today affects tomorrow. Instead of telling yourself things like, “I don't know what I wanna do” or “I'm going to fail,” focus on things that you can do right now that will prevent a negative future. Go out and explore life and the future will be set if you know what you are most passionate about.

These are just a few of the things that will change your life for the better if you let them go.

By the time you are reading this, it will be 2017, so use the new year to start a-fresh to the road to happiness. I hope everyone had a happy and healthy New Year!