Accutane Does Work

Accutane Was The Best Thing For My Face

It feels great to have clear skin and feel confident again.

52
Photo by Redd Angelo on Unsplash

I've been dealing with acne for a while, but I decided to finally go on Accutane. When I was younger, I was hesitant about trying the drug because of the negative reviews and side effects that it could cause.

I had seen a dermatologist for several years, but after topicals and pills, nothing worked. I stopped going to my dermatologist because I didn't see the use. There was no improvement in my skin.

So, I began trying my own practices that I thought would help. I tried drinking more water, changing my pillow cases at night, and Proactiv. All of these suggestions were from people who also suffered from acne and had seen results through one of those methods.

Still, nothing worked.

Finally, I came to terms with how my face looked. I have small scars from where the acne was so bad or places that I had picked it. Some days I would look at my face and think that it was getting better. Then, I would wake up the next day with one huge pimple right on my cheek.

It was very frustrating because medicines were not working, and I simply wasn't "growing out of it" like people said I would.

One day I finally decided that I was going to go to a new dermatologist and go on Accutane. I figured this was my last resort to treat my face.

I was on the pill for about 6 months, and I can say that it was not as bad as I had thought.

My entire body did become very dry: my face, scalp, and lips. However, these side effects weren't permanent and were trivial compared to how well my acne was clearing.

In the first month, my face broke out terribly, and I was frustrated. It was supposed to make my acne better, not worse. After the first month, my face began to clear up and my acne was shrinking. Now that I'm done the regiment, I don't have any acne like I did.

I think Accutane is good for someone who has been struggling with acne for a while. But explore all the options for Accutane and don't forget to read the side effects.

For me, Accutane helped clear my face and give me more confidence.