What You Don't Know About Taylor Phillips

And why he should be the next Mr. Ole Miss.

2868

Yes, it is that time of year again, where everyone at Ole Miss has a profile picture publicizing some candidate for personality elections. Am I guilty of this too? Regrettably, yes. But I would never be a part of that group if I did not believe in said candidate. With that being said, I am proud to say that my good friend and pledge brother, Taylor Phillips, is running for Mr. Ole Miss. Here is why you should vote for him.

The summer of 2014, Taylor and I worked at a sports camp in Chattanooga, Tennesse. I had been going to and working at this camp for many years, but it was Taylor's first time in that environment. Without a doubt, Taylor is one of the best people I have ever seen deal with kids. We each had our groups of about 10 kids for two-week sessions, and by the end of each session, the kids on Taylor's team were more than upset that they had to leave. These kids loved him because of his ability to make anyone feel good. He is an extremely personable guy who can have a conversation with a corporate suit-wearer just as comfortably as he could with a nine-year-old who is away from his parents for the first time.

Taylor is a very hardworking guy. He is double majoring in both Economics and Finance with a minor in Public Policy. Better yet, he's going to graduate on time. Not many people have the ability to make something like that happen. This is a great exemplification of his work ethic and ability to harness determination and get things done. Mr. Ole Miss, like everything else in his life, is something he would take extremely seriously. Everything he could do to make Ole Miss look and be better would get done. I can guarantee that.

Finally, what voters need to know about Taylor is why he is running in the first place. Taylor is the first person in his family to go to college. He also, like many of us at this school, knew few if no people when he stepped on campus for the first time. This being said, if you asked him now he would tell you he would not trade this place for anything. He loves Ole Miss and wants to do everything he can to give back to the school that has given him so much. Mr. Ole Miss is his chance to do just that.

Taylor is the right man for this job. From his warm personality to his hard work ethic, he has the tools this job needs. Then when you think about his love for this school, who you should vote for is a no-brainer. Give him a chance to give back.

It's Time For Taylor.

Vote Taylor Philips for Mr. Ole Miss on September 15.