Abortion Should Be A Woman's Right To Choose

You shouldn't take away someone's right to choose just because you don't believe in abortion.

agmyrick
agmyrick
377

Abortion, a taboo topic most everywhere and quite a controversial one here in America. In my personal opinion abortion should always be allowed when the fetus is not viable outside the mother. According to record a fetus has not been known to survive any earlier than 21 weeks when including the rare case of Lyla Stensrud. Fetuses at that time are not alive because they cannot survive outside their mother. After this alloted amount of time abortions should only be allowed for these two types of pregnancies. Pregnancies that are life threatening to the mother, because she is not required to give up her own right to life to allow another to live. And, pregnancies where the baby will not survive because birthing a stillborn is mentally damaging to the mother and causes physical trauma that could have been avoided. Allowing abortions will help reduce the number of children who wind up in the system because they were parented by people who did not want children. It will decrease the number of minors who are mothers with no high school degree. It will prevent rape victims from having a traumatizing reminder of what happened to them. It will give options to women who took precautions, but fell into the low percent that get pregnant even with their efforts to avoid it. When abortion is illegal it does not stop women from having abortions. Women will use coathangers, hit themselves in the stomach, ingest toxins, or do many other dangerous things to terminate a pregnancy. Making abortion illegal will only stop safe abortions not abortion completely.