The ABCs Of Rowan University

The ABCs Of Rowan University

26 things to know about Rowan University.

222
The ABCs Of Rowan University

You may think you learned your ABCs in preschool, but here at Rowan, we have our very own little alphabet that's unique to every prof. Let's see how well you really know your ABCs and these little facts about Rowan University.

1. Ali Houshmand

Our beloved president who makes everything at Rowan happen.

2. Bunce Green

One of the prettiest places on campus, this plush area is perfect for pictures, studying or having a class outside.

3. Campbell Library

With five floors and endless room, this is the perfect place to study or get homework done, especially when it’s open 24 hours during finals week with free coffee.

4. Delsea Drive

One of the central roads near campus, you’ll find everything you need to survive living on your own – a plethora of fast food places, ShopRite and Kmart.

5. Expansion

The Rowan name has expanded to campuses in Camden, Glouster County and Stratford, each campus containing many different majors and graduate or medical school programs.

6. First Friday

You’ll find great deals on drinks and everyone over 21 at Rowan in Landmark this night.

7. Greek life

Rowan has 10 fraternities and five sororities, each nationally recognized, which all have the potential to be your home away from home come recruitment time.

8. Housing

With eight dormitories, four upperclassmen housing options and a new freshmen center in the process, Rowan is making strides to be able to house everyone accepted as they continue increasing in size and student numbers.

9. Involvement

With Greek life, clubs, majors and tons of jobs to pick from, there are at least a 100 different ways you can get involved on campus and help make Rowan your home away from home.

10. Jimmy John’s

Located right down the street from campus, it’s one of the best places to eat off campus. It’s fast, semi-healthy and cheap, what more could college kids want?

11. Keggler’s

One of the few local bars, this is a great place because it has bowling, drinking games and bar specials every night – my 21-year-old friends are always raving about the bowling pin drink.

12. Landmark

From good food to fun bar nights, Landmark is definitely the place to be most nights, which is why every 20-year old has a countdown to their big day – 184 days for me.

13. Marketplace

Rowan’s cafeteria. One swipe gets you unlimited food, which definitely helps on a bad day during Finals Week.

14. Networking

Between alumni, professors or wearing an old Rowan T-shirt out, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to broaden your horizons and have a better chance at landing a job after graduation.

15. Office of Activities (OSA)

A bunch of student workers that host great activities to get you away from school work and a great way to help you get involved.

16. "Profs"

Although I had no idea what a "prof" was before coming to Rowan, I’ve never been prouder to be considered one.

17. Quant College Town

Rowan is located in Glassboro, which is about 20 minutes from Philadelphia. It’s the perfect mix of being tucked away for college but being close enough to take day trips to a big city, which provides great internship and job opportunities for students.

18. Rec center

The gym. The place to stay in shape, go for a swim, join in a game of basketball and see everyone you don’t want to see when you’re a sweaty mess.

19. Student University Programs (SUP)

Along with OSA, SUP helps organize all the cool events on campus, like movie nights, food bars, RAH activities and philanthropic events.

20. Townies

Those people that just don’t leave Glassboro. Will most likely be seen at Landmark or Kegglers if of age, or trying to get into the nearest party that weekend.

21. University

Rowan University has tons of majors, minors, and graduate programs to pick form, helping you pick and choose what career path is right for you and getting to explore anything you find interesting.

22. Victories

Rowan has great sports teams which have plenty of home games you can attend to show your school spirit at and help cheer them on, including football, baseball/softball, soccer, basketball and swimming.

23. Winans Hall

Home to the health center and a few lone classrooms, this is a place you’ll be seeing at least once your college career. They’ll help cure anything, from a stomach bug to strep throat.

24. Extremely fun times.

Either it’s hanging out with my roommates, participating in clubs and Greek life or studying in the library with friends, I wouldn’t trade my time or experiences at Rowan for anything.

25. Yellow and brown.

Rowan’s colors. Not the most flattering, but you’ll definitely acquire at least something in brown through your time here.

26. Zero regrets.

For picking the best college around.