12 Thank Yous To A Few Of The Best Things In My Life

Practicing gratitude is something I think we all could use a little bit of help with. Here are some of the things, both big and small, that I am most grateful for today and everyday (in no particular order).

222
@mindykeanephoto

1. To coffee

Thank you for getting me out of bed when I didn't think I could, and for helping me through those late nights of studying and early mornings chasing four-year-olds around a preschool classroom. I am slightly extremely addicted to you but it's ok because we go together like PB&J. You're the best.

2. To my mom:

Thank you for being the rock under my toes. I truly wouldn't be anywhere without you. You have shown me what courage, strength, unconditional love and support mean. Thank you for letting me call and vent to you on my worst days. You are my backbone when it feels like I don't have one. Someday, I hope to be the mother and role model that you have always been to me.

3. To all the times I wake up before my alarm goes off and I get to go back to sleep:

There's not much to say about you. You're just great. Thanks. ;)

3. To my forever best friend:

Thank you for simply being you. You have continuously shown me what true friendship looks like. Throughout high school and college, we have seen just about all of it; both the very high highs and the very low lows. Thank you for making it known that you are always here, no matter how far apart we may live. And that dumb dude who broke my heart and the even dumber one who broke yours; thank you for letting me cry and cry to you when I needed it most. Thank you for fully supporting me in every single one of my endeavors, even when I convince myself that I can't do it. Thank you for being my constant wing-woman and cheerleader (literally, remember high school football cheerleading?) I love you forever.

4. To that perfectly ripened avocado:

I love you. That is all.

5. To my education:

I know most of the time I don't think of you as a blessing (shout out to the 77,000 hours of chemistry homework I do per week). Despite that, I know you are. Not everyone gets the chance to learn and grown into a field that they are passionate about, and I owe it to you for a great deal of what I will be able to do in my future. Thank you.

6. To my college best friends:

You've been there for me, and I for you, throughout the biggest transition of our lives thus far. Picking up our entire world and coming to a brand new place is scary. Thank you for being there for me when I still get homesick. Thank you for doing all the crazy things with me. And for the late-night pop runs. And for making me laugh until my stomach hurts. Thank you for picking me up and my lowest and cheering for me at my highest. Nothing you do goes unnoticed, and these friendships are ones I will value forever.

7. To naps:

The cat nap. The four hour nap. The "I have 10 minutes before I need to be somewhere, I'm gonna sleep" nap. You're the best.

8. To lake days:

Perfectly sunny, 85 degrees, UV 9, not a cloud in the sky. Laying on the back of the boat with country music playing and a nice cold drink. There's nothing that makes me feel more content with life than you do. Thank you.

9. To my Spotify playlists:

You are my #1 go-to. Walks to class, working out, long car rides, dance parties with the girls... there are songs and playlists for my every mood.

10. To past mistakes:

Thank you for teaching me that it's O.K. to mess up. It's O.K. to not be perfect. Thank you for leading me down the paths I am meant to be on right now, and for allowing me to grow into the woman I am today.

11. To kind strangers:

Whenever I run into you, my day is immediately made. Thank you for buying my Starbucks when I am in line behind you. Thank you for the random, "Have a good day!"'s, the friendly conversations in the Target line, and those nice little compliments. We need more people like you in the world, so thank you.

12. To 'The Office':

Haha. Thank you for making me laugh hysterically. Always. Every single time.