5 Artists To Listen To If You Loved 'A Star Is Born'

Perfect for when you're daydreaming about Jackson Maine.

347

So you've seen "A Star Is Born" and now you can't stop listening to "Shallow" on repeat (or at least I can't). Although you could replay the soundtrack over and over, you're looking to branch out into some similar music—but where do you start? I had this same dilemma. Lucky for you, I decided to do a bit of rediscovery and digging to compile a little list of some stuff you might enjoy that has a similar sound and feel to the songs from the film. These artists should definitely help you get into that same mood without forcing you to relive the fifty thousand emotions you will surely feel after seeing this movie.

The Civil Wars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSbzyEJ8X9E

This is probably one of my favorite artists in general. The Civil Wars is a male/female duo whose folk-like songs are simply stunning. They have stuff that ranges from heartfelt ballads to more upbeat tunes. Unfortunately, they don't make music anymore but Joy Williams (one of the members of the group) still does and she just released a couple of songs pretty recently.

Drew Holcomb and The Neighbors

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LlbjlwXMGo

This band I discovered while looking for artists to include on this list. After listening to a few of their songs, I knew they would make a great addition. They also have a pretty folk-like sound about them, but with a bit of mellow pop blended in. The lead singer has a wonderful voice, too.

Taylor John Williams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noo1yOniu0Y

I already had a song by this guy on my Spotify playlist which has the sound I was looking for to include here so I assumed his other songs must too. I was right. Williams was actually a contestant on "The Voice" and now has a couple of albums and EPs he has released on his own. I could listen to him sing all day. His songs remind me a lot of the sweet, simple songs from "A Star Is Born"; especially Bradley Cooper's "Maybe It's Time".

First Aid Kit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKL4X0PZz7M

This is another artist I had listened to a little before and felt would be right at home on this list. This female duo's music is hard to pinpoint to just one genre but it definitely has tones of folk, country, and pop (just like "A Star Is Born"). Their voices have that sort of 'twang' (I don't know how to describe it) that reminds you of good country songs.

City and Colour

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6f5qM-vROMA

Another favorite of mine, this artist has an amazing voice and music made for singing along to. The use of acoustic instrumentation in all of the songs makes each feel beautifully raw and emotional. The singer, Dallas Green, probably has one of the best voices in the music industry (in my humble opinion).

I hope you enjoy some of this music! It all reminds me of the same general feeling "A Star Is Born" gave me. If you haven't seen it yet, you definitely should. Just be prepared to cry and think about it for an entire week afterward.