A Senior's Perspective Going Into Spring Break

I graduate college in May.

1478
https://pixabay.com/photos/carleton-college-northfield-142708/

Four years. Eight semesters. Forty classes. The end is just around the corner.

When I first entered college, I had no idea what I wanted to do with my life. I always loved to write so I hoped something pertaining to writing would be my future. For the last several years, I have written tons and I expect that to continue in the coming years.

My writing still has flaws but I know with time I will get better. With graduation fast-approaching, I will soon start looking for jobs that fit my field. A lot of my peers have already started looking and have been both successful and unsuccessful in finding positions but I know we will all get there.

College has been a time of learning and a time to have fun. I have been told journalism is all work and no play by a few people but I hope to find a good balance between the two.

Spring break 2020 will be my last break ever and I plan to cherish every minute of it. We go through our lives working with little time to ourselves, so I will hold on to this break with fond memories.

These last four years have been some of the best and worst years of my life. Through deaths in the family to being told I am not good enough to being praised for things I have never received acknowledgment for before, the last few years have been a whirlwind.

Do not lose sight of the outcome. Many students act like college is just a fun ride, but the reality is that the outcome is the important part. The lessons you learn in college will guide you through your life.

Enjoy your college journey and cherish the moments you spend with your friends and the focus on doing what you love. Getting an education is important but so is taking a step back and figuring out what makes you happy.