A relationship with Jesus
Religion

A relationship with Jesus

You don't have to be in a church to be with Jesus.

32
sunset
Instagram

So I have thought about this a lot recently. A long while actually. This thought has always been on my mind and I have always wanted to speak out on it, so that is why I am here, typing this. Over the years I've attended churches for periods of time. I've loved every second of going to various churches, meeting new people, and seeing the way others take in what we learn about Jesus. Looking at the way people fall so deeply in love with him just really catches my attention the most.

I'm writing this to talk about my relationship with Jesus. I will start with eighth grade year. My friends and I went to church every Wednesday night, and tried to come on Sundays. It was nice, it was fun. We would always play a few fun games to start out with, sing a couple of worship songs, then go into listening to a new lesson. I enjoyed every second of it. Which I am sure every teen or child does. Going along with each new lesson we learned, there was one night where one spoke out to me. It was about your personal relationship with Jesus and knowing who he is.

So the guy that was teaching the new lesson ( it was always someone different speaking ) he started talking about how you manage your relationship with Jesus. Within him speaking to us, it really hit me. Does everyone think that they have to attend church to know Jesus? I pondered, and pondered on this subject for so long. It was just one of those things that not everyone realizes but could actually change a lot of individuals outlook on this particular matter. People may wonder if they'll ever be satisfying enough. You will always be enough.

In today's society, it makes others look a lot "closer" to Jesus by going to church every Wednesday or Sunday, heck even on a Saturday. Which is perfectly fine and they may have a solid relationship with Jesus which is amazing. Well, what about the kids that don't go to church? That feel like just because they don't, means they're not as close to him as others are that do attend church or have a friend group that gets together and talks about Jesus and all he does for us? That is what I am here to talk about.

It is YOUR relationship with Jesus. Not anyone else. This is why I have always been touchy-feely on this subject. I myself do not attend a church anymore. I do know one thing though and its that going to a church does not define how your relationship with Jesus is. It is all based on when you come to him and when he calls you. I've learned that in many ways, that he is ALWAYS there for you no matter if your kneeling on the ground in the church, or if you're closing your eyes to talk to him before going to bed. He is always with you.

Jesus has shown through me a lot. I know that I don't go to church every Wednesday or Sunday, or go to a bible study group or something of the sort. I do know that he is in my heart and is always with me and ready to listen to me no matter the time, the place, how long I talk to him. etc. My biggest point in this, is that it doesn't make a difference if your in a church praying or in your own home praying, he is always listening and will never fail you and your relationship with him can be just as good in a church as it could be out of one. He is with you ALWAYS, love him unconditionally.