A Playlist Dedicated to You Post Breakup

It's time to move on. These songs will help you do just that.

32
Full disclosure: I've never been in a real relationship and therefore have never experienced a true breakup. However, I have experienced heartbreak through the endings of friendships, the loss of loved ones, and even the heartbreak-filled novels I so frequently indulge myself with. Also, I've run this playlist by a few members of the post breakup club and I've only received good reviews, so I do trust that I've conveyed the emotions of a life post breakup to the best extent possible.

I believe all great playlists must have an underlying plot to guide the order of each song. The best playlists can't be shuffled. A shuffled playlist is merely a collection of songs rather than a specifically ordered tracklist meant to invoke a specific feeling or memory. Am I taking playlists too seriously? I don't think so, but I digress.

Breakups are tough. But if theres anything that can get you through it's music, and maybe a stiff drink. As I take you through the following songs, I'll explain to you how each one is intended to make you feel. Hopefully, in doing so, each song will help you as you journey to a new single life.

1. I Hope - Gabby Barrett

We're kicking things off with a bang. Scream your heart out to this song. Get out those frustrations and that anger you've been holding onto. Let it all out.

2. Good Kisser - Lake Street Drive

Use this song to remember who you are and all the good things you contributed to the relationship. How even though things ended, they'll always remember the things you were best at ;)

3. Josslyn - Olivia O'Brien

Here it is. The last chance for you to get all that anger out, because it's about to be time to move on.

4. Don't Call Me Up - Mabel

The relationship is over. It's time to leave your partner in the past. Show them you're no longer available. You have better things on the horizon.

5. I Don't F*** With You - Big Sean, E-40

This one's just for fun. Designed to be sung with all the reasons you're better off without them in mind.

6. F*** You - CeeLo Green

Once again, just for fun. Petty, but make it a dance party. I call that a petty party.

7. Boys Ain't S*** - SAYGRACE

Time to remember who you are. And what you deserve.

8. It's Not You It's Me - Bea Miller

There's that confidence we've been talking about. You're the priority. Always.

9. 10 Steps to Get Over Your Ex - Toni Romiti

Literally, a walk through of everything you need to know to get over your ex. Let's put in the work.

10. Thank You, Next - Ariana Grande

You've acknowledged the relationship for everything it was and everything it was going to be. Now, onto the next.

11. New Rules - Dua Lipa

You're single now! Enjoy it! But let's set some rules to make sure we don't have to start from the beginning.

12. I Do - Cardi B (feat. SZA)

Time to start doing what YOU want to do. Because you can.

13. She's So Gone - Naomi Scott

Relationship you? We don't know them.

14. Don't Start Now - Dua Lipa

You've moved on. No time for ghosts of relationships past.

15. S.L.U.T. - Bea Miller

Single life is fun. Feeling great in your own skin is even better!

16. Savage - Megan Thee Stallion

That's right, you're a savage. Enjoying single life yet? You should be.

17. Boss B**** - Doja Cat

Isn't feeling like a bad bitch so much fun?!

18. In The Party- Flo Milli

"I do what I want, don't report to nobody."

19. Kissing Other People - Lennon Stella

I know we already said we were moving on but maybe a small part of you wasn't ready yet. When you're ready you'll know it, and this song will show you when that will be.

20. I Wish I Missed My Ex - Mahalia

You're finally free.

21. How To Be A Heartbreaker - Marina & the Diamonds

Sounds like you're ready to break some hearts.

22. Hot Girl Summer - Megan Thee Stallion, Ty Dolla $ign, Nicki Minaj

It's hot girl summer, baby.

The Playlist on Spotify: https://open.spotify.com/playlist/03mZ8CzFfom0ZJA8...