A True Music Lover's Perspective On Concerts

Concerts and Music Festivals are a music lover's paradise...

9
author's photo

I am a lover of music, all music if we're being specific; I have a passion for making playlists that fit my every mood. I love listening to soundtracks and original scores of action movies, but I also enjoy slow jams that have the power to relax your entire soul. I have listened to my music in all sorts of ways; I've had an MP3 player, an iPod, I've used speakers, I have headphones, and I even have a record player, but listening to music live is another level.

I have always been a fan of live music because I feel like you can appreciate the art more. A tradition that I started is going to some sort of concert around my birthday, and this year was no different. I went to a Logic concert with my older cousin and I had the time of my life.

The reason I think I had so much fun is that concerts just have a certain atmosphere around them. How cool is it to be in a room with a bunch of people who appreciate the same music as you?

It's a birthday tradition to go to a concert because I definitely do not have the money to go to twenty concerts a year. So each year I pick a person or group from my "I wish I could see them live" list. Even though I've been going to concerts for some time now, I would not qualify myself as a professional concert goer.

I just know how to have a good time and vibe nicely to the beat. The only real problem I have with it is the pushing: when someone pushes me I get knocked over. I just decided that it is easier to dance in the back, you still have a good time, but now you don't have to worry about someone whipping their hair in your face.

I am honestly so glad for whoever thought of concerts and music festivals, best idea for sure. Last year I went to Governors Ball solely to see Chance the Rapper, but he was the last performance of the day. So I spent the entire day dancing, eating, or sitting around enjoying all sorts of music genres.

That's how my appreciation for music grew, because of all the effort put in for it. Governors Ball in itself is an experience, but one for another time; let's talk about Bobby Tarantino (Logic). Logic is a performer who you can tell enjoys music and entertaining people.

His concert was so lively and energetic that even my cousin, who doesn't listen to him, got up and danced with me. Logic even brought up a fan on the stage to play street fighter, he made it a competition for some merchandise. It's times like this that you can tell artist really love what they do too.

Logic interacted with the crowd and he even had little breaks in between songs where he talked to us. It was such a memorable day for me, and I think it's because of how much I appreciate it. I treasure my concert experiences so much because they happen once a year and I want all the memories of that day to be awesome.

Music is a great way to bring people together and spread positivity. Whether you go see it live or you blast it in your room, music can brighten your day and make things memorable.