An Open Letter To Me, In The Future
Life Stages

An Open Letter To Me, In The Future

Wise words for your futuristic self.

592
An Open Letter To Me, In The Future

Dear Future Me,

You're beautiful, intelligent, dashing, gallant, noble, wanderlust, inspiring, and most importantly deserving of anything miraculous. You are not ugly. You are not worthless. You are not a disappointment. You are not a shadow in this world. You are amazing and unique in every way possible. You have made mistakes in the past, but haven't we all. You can rude, ignorant, misdemeaning, and high-tempered. But us as human beings you are allowed to act in every way emotionally in order to learn. We react in coarse and intrusive ways as a defensive mechanism to our own well being. Inherit this outlook next time you want to do something to a being that is below any spark of kindness. Look at it from their perspective or view it from the third eye. We make irrational decisions based on how we feel at that very moment, but in a few hours from then, you won't be feeling that way. Or imagine how your words can impact them, imagine if they did this to you as to what you are about to do to them.

Always look at moments like these from different angles and your perspective will be forever changed. Many of us try to make certain ideas and events happening in our lives but look at all the different avenues you had to take just to get to this point was for a specific reason. Our life carves out pathways for a reason and you were chosen to take that path. I know right now you may be questioning some events and aspects that have occurred in your life and if you aren't satisfied where you are not right in your life, make a change. It is never too late to make a change in your life. I am a huge believer in everything happens for a particular reason.

And at that very instant it may not make sense and you may be asking why did this have to happen to you and not someone else. Well, look at it this way. God chose to put you through this cause he knew you were strong enough. God put you through this cause he knew you were capable of this. He knew how you were strong, independent, and able to overcome any obstacle. And if it felt like hell and you never thought you could get through it. Look at yourself in the mirror and see how far you've come in life.

Remember nothing is permanent. Everything comes and goes and things that are happening right now won't be happening in the future. Terrible things that have happened to us all in the past have taught us a lot about ourselves. We have grown immensely and are learning so much about our within capability. So don't go back and try to change things that have happened in the past because they don't matter.

Every day is a new day and if you focus on the past you will never be living in the present and to me, that's a sad life because look around today and see how amazing and beautiful this world is. We have artifacts and natural barriers and human beings that are there to inspire us every day and I hope you all find something to hold on to that inspires you just like certain things do for me. All those people in your life who kept trying to bring you down, all the people that told you that you weren't good enough, all the people who hated you.

Listen to me when I say this. Anyone who does this to you is insecure within themselves and they get self-satisfaction from putting others down. So remember it is not you, it is them. They aren't as strong as you are, as beautiful as you are, and not as successful as you are. They are jealous. So keep your head up and don't listen to those people. I hope you're satisfied with your life and are doing the things you love to do. We all should all love our job and our work and if not then it is not the right profession for you. Find something that makes it easy to go into work every day. Something that inspires you and brings out the best in you. I hope you are in love with yourself and maybe even a significant other. But if you aren't don't worry. He is out there.

Everyone is deserving of an amazing love story. He will come when you least suspect it. He will come when you are not looking, so focus on yourself and your own well-being and I promise he will come along. You first need to love yourself before you can love anyone else. So make sure to do the things you love whether that be traveling, writing, drawing, dancing, sailing, anything that makes your heart glisten and that will bring out the best version of yourself, I promise. I know right now this may be hard to understand and even read for some, but it'll all make sense and come around eventually. Life is full of obstacles and I just want everyone to acknowledge the fact that you are who you are for a reason so don't go try changing yourself because you are beautiful and the uniqueness flower out of all the meadows. Love yourself and I promise life will take you away from there.

Sincerely,

Rachel Levy