A Letter To My Newest Angel
Religion

A Letter To My Newest Angel

I'll love you forever

174
A Letter To My Newest Angel

Dear Mimi,
I'm still in shock that you are gone. It all happened so quickly, and part of me still doesn't believe it's true. The journey will be hard, but I have to accept the fact that you are gone. You're in a much better place with no pain or suffering. Only endless love and happiness.

Whenever I needed words of wisdom I would talk to you. Growing up you were my biggest influence, when I was little I wanted to be just like you and to this day I still hope to be half the woman you were. Not many people are lucky enough to say that they got to have their great-grandmother in their life for almost nineteen years. It truly is one of the biggest blessings of my life.

Days will pass and I'm sure the idea of you being gone will get easier, but I will carry your memory with me always. I can't wait for the day that I will tell my future children about you, and how much you meant to me. The memories I have with you will last a lifetime. One of my very favorite memories with you would have to be that summer when I was around nine years old. Mom drove me two hours up to the farm to meet you, just so I could ride in the car for another five hours to the beach with you. On that trip, many conversations were had. I can still remember how you spoke of Bubba, and how your face lit up while you talked about him. That day I also read to you on the way down to the beach. Something I have to thank you for my love of reading.

Most kids growing up would not choose to read in their spare time, but I did. You got me hooked on it. For as long as I can remember every single time I would come to visit you some kind of reading was involved. As I got older we would talk about the books we would read, and talk about what each other thought of the book. There are so many books I've read just because you suggested them to many.

I have learned so many things from you over the years. You taught me to love unconditionally, to forgive easily, and to never ever give up even when things get hard. You also taught me to love the Lord. You were so very strong in your faith, so without a doubt, I know your in heaven watching down on everyone.

We all miss you so much already, but we know how very happy you are to be in heaven.

I love you forever,

Your Great Granddaughter.