A Letter To My College Best Friend

A Letter To My College Best Friend

I don't know what I did for 18 years without you.

22
A Letter To My College Best Friend
assets.rbl.ms

To my college best friend,

I think everyone is placed in someone's life for a reason. Whether you are a mom to a certain child, a teacher to a certain student, or a friend to a certain person. I am not sure why it took me 18 years to find you, but I believe that you were placed in my life for a reason.

Going into college, I wanted to break away from the people I knew. I wanted change, something real. I knew I wanted a friend that I didn't have to impress. I just wanted to be able to be myself. Having this big goal going into college put a lot of pressure on myself.

I started meeting a lot of girls. Usually, when I meet people for the first time, I am shy. I have to get out of my comfort zone and act a little cooler than I actually am.

But then I met you.

Something was just different when we talked. I felt like I didn't have to try to hold a conversation. I felt as if I didn't need to try to impress you to get your attention. Our conversations were easy and we immediately hit it off. I think that night we both knew that we were each other's person.

From that night, we started doing everything together. We went to eat, went out to parties and events together, we were always beside each other at each football game, we worked out and studied together. We immediately became inseparable!

You became my source of laughter. I looked to you for happiness or a giggle throughout my day. Our small conversations and quick trips to eat turned into countless spend the night parties and taking each other to our homes so we could meet each others parents and siblings. Not only were we best friends, but our families became friends.

As the year went by, our friendship grew deeper and deeper. I not only looked for you for happiness but I also need your shoulder to cry on. You were someone I could trust. You are my biggest comforter. You are the person I go to for everything happening in my life, the good and the bad.

Leaving you for the summer was one of my hardest goodbyes yet. We went from two months of not seeing each other after seeing each other almost every hour of the day for a year. I never thought I could have separation anxiety from someone so bad. I loved how when we face-timed each other, we would pick up right where we left off. We spent hours on the phone that summer apart. Being apart for two months didn't hurt our friendship and I think that is something special!

I know for a fact that my college experience wouldn't be the same without you. And not just my college experience, but my life. There was something missing from me before I met you and you definitely pieced together my heart. You exceeded my expectations of a best friend.

So here's to the adventures we have had and the adventures that we will have in the future. May we always cherish this friendship and never forget the many memories we have made together. As we always say, I cannot wait to be your bridesmaid and I cannot wait for our kids to be best friends!

Love,

Your best friend