A letter to a highschool freshmen.
Life Stages

A letter to a highschool freshmen.

advice from someone whos been there

77
A letter to a highschool freshmen.

A letter to a highschool freshmen.

Wow, here it is. What you've been looking forward to for who knows how long. Please slow down. You get to experience real friday night lights in the student section instead of the middle school section, how cool! You get to be whoever you want to be rather it be a jock, a person in the band,drama, FFA or the kid who works all the time. Please slow down. New people, new adventures that seem so fun and trust me, they are. Highschool is everything you think it's going to be and more. You get to wear the mum and go to the dance if you're lucky, you'll leave with a crown as well. Please slow down. The first day of highschool is amazing and scary all mixed into one. Where will i sit? Do i have anyone in my classes that i know? Whos the cutie? All these questions will ring in your head. PLEASE SLOW DOWN. Next thing you know it's christmas vacation, you're resting your head to prepare for the next semester and boom, it's done and over. You're a sophomore stuck in the middle because your not the little freshmen anymore but your not an upperclassmen yet. You make that varsity team as a underclassmen and you feel on top of the world, you make SALE at San Antonio and you're so excited you can barely breathe. Please, for your sake please slow down. Here is comes, the birthday you've been waiting for..16 is here!! You get your driver's licence and you are on top of the world. You feel invincible, until you hit the curb in front of your crush and feel like a total idiot. Trust me, if they like you they don't care that you hit the curb even though at the time it's the end of the world. Soak it all in and PLEASE slow down. You go to sleep one night and wake up and you're finally an upperclassmen. Which is great but be prepared for the hardest year of your high school career. I know everyone says it but it's true. Even if as you're going through it and it doesn't seem so hard, you will look back and realize it was. Enjoy the brain teasing, exhaustion of junior year because you will blink and i'll be your senior year. Senior year is weird. That's the best word for it, you know you're about to do all your lasts but you don't truly feel it until one day after graduation, you'll be laying on your bed or brushing your teeth and you'll burst out crying because you did it, its over and it can never come back. So highschool freshmen, slow down and enjoy the ride because life is like an hourglass and when it runs out of sand, you can flip it over and start again.