A Cinderella Story Is Still Great After 15 Years

If you were to ask me what the best era of teen movies is, I would say, without a doubt, the 80's. With movies like "Pretty in Pink", "Ferris Bueller's Day Off", "Dirty Dancing", and "The Breakfast Club", how could it not be? These are some of my favorite movies of all time.

But if I had to pick a second favorite era of teen movies, and it's a very close second, I would have to say the early 2000's. And the standout film of this era is, of course, 2004's "A Cinderella Story". Everyone loves a good retelling of Cinderella, but this one stands out above the rest. What other fairytale could make the search for a missing cell phone one of the most romantic things in the world? So, in honor of its fifteenth anniversary (How has it been that long?), here are nine reasons we all still love this movie so much.

1. Three words: Chad Michael Murray

https://78.media.tumblr.com/1397599e20b7b61ac6567bc5ca6e3bb6/tumblr_mybqmruIxn1qekcrso1_250.gif

Chad Michael Murray was the king of 2000's teen romance! He makes the perfect Prince Charming, and he wasn't just a typical jock stereotype.

2. Sam stayed optimistic and strong no matter how bad her life got.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/2063f2244cda57e30cb6d173e152f0e9/tumblr_mn0k1vyHKL1sqy35do1_400.gif

Sam didn't have the easiest life, but that never stopped her from staying hopeful and dreaming of the future she always wanted.

3. Sam's best friend was just as quirky as you would have imagined.

https://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lza6jpM8yq1r36r0wo1_500.gif

It was a staple of every early 2000's movie to have a quirky best friend, and Carter was one of the best ones. He had the funniest outfits and always thought he was the coolest guy in the school. He was obviously right.

4. Rhonda was the best fairy godmother of all time.

https://giphy.com/gifs/hilary-duff-regina-king-a-cinderella-story-gBWi68v7UOEY8

Rhonda watched out for Sam when she was on her own, let Sam move in with her, had the best one-liners out of anybody, and helped Sam be the most beautiful girl at the dance. I definitely would have wanted her in my corner.

5. This film is a nostalgia goldmine.

https://78.media.tumblr.com/d0fed1db8919e2183c00da90d4bd1149/tumblr_niw9njEM121so59i2o1_250.gif

The outfits are of course a treasure trove of throwbacks, but I think the best part of this whole movie is that Austin and Sam chat through AIM. Ah, the memories!

6. Everyone in this movie is incredibly sassy.

Every character in this movie is armed with the perfect one-liner, which always made for great comedy.

7. The dance scene between Sam and Austin is one of the best in cinema.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/d8cfb1b1ae69d666576407fd35c45f68/tenor.gif?itemid=7199053

The beautiful costumes, the band playing live music, and all the pretty flowers in the gazebo all make up what is probably the best scene in the movie. Also, how did Austin not recognize Sam in that mask? That's both absurd and hilarious at the same time.

8. Actually no, THIS is the best scene in the movie

https://www.readunwritten.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/giphy-31.gif

Sam learning to be confident in who she is and deciding to stop pretending to be someone she's not is so inspiring. And she even inspired Austin to follow the same path! This a super important lesson that I think is taught really well.

9. The movie ends with a kiss in the rain!

http://66.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lkfvkqx6IB1qapk9no1_500.gif

It's a well-known fact that kissing in the rain is the most romantic thing anyone can do. Sam and Austin are both so happy in this scene that you'll feel their happiness, too.