'90s Toys That Need To Make A Comeback

'90s Toys That Need To Make A Comeback

Let's go back to a simpler time.

173
'90s Toys That Need To Make A Comeback
tumblr

It’s scary knowing that each time a memory is recalled, it's altered. I wish I could remember exactly what it was like to challenge my friends to see how long we could hula hoop or Skip-It, not having to worry about paying your way through school or managing money. Frankly, back then, I didn't even know what that meant.

Everyone dreams of going back in time, even if only for a day, just to experience the carefree lifestyle you lived as a child. From riding your bike around, exploring with your neighborhood friends all day, to waiting patiently for 20 minutes, only to realize your Easy-Bake Oven cake didn’t turn out the way you planned. These are toys that need to be brought back for adults.

1. Polly Pocket.

Because there was an unlimited amount of things you could do with her and her whole Polly World. The only challenge was to somehow keep all of the pieces from getting lost.

2. Bop It.

For some reason, this game could keep you entertained for hours. There are only three actions to this entire game and yet, it's a classic that you could play with a large group of friends at a party or alone in bed.

3. Skip-It.

I remember having a tricked out Skip-It with a rainbow ribbon coming out of it. I'd challenge my friends because I knew I'd smoke them. These days, I could definitely see myself messing around with my coworkers and classmates just to have fun and pass time at a summer event.

4. Etch-a-Sketch.

Maybe it's the excitement of getting to shake away your terrible drawing after it's done, or the challenge of using two simple white knobs as your drawing utensil, even though we all easily could draw with a simple pencil and paper. The etch-a-sketch needs to come back in a big way.

5. Hippity Hop.

Whoever is making money off of this is a genius. Basically, if you don't remember, this toy is essentially a big bouncy ball with a handle on it. The idea is that you sit on it, hold the handle for support and bounce the day away. This sold millions, people.

6. Play-Doh.

Shame on you if you don't know what this is, or if you think Floam or Moon Sand is better than this. From making spaghetti dinners to designing my own skyscraper, nothing was better than this. Make sure you seal it up tight, though, so it doesn't harden and basically ruin the rest of your week until you restocked on the best and brightest colors.

7. Rock 'Em Sock 'Em Robots

If she doesn't know about this game, she's too young for you, bro. This is where my love of violence originated.

8. Sit 'n Spin.

This one is self-explanatory. You sit on a platform and use a wheel to spin around until you can't anymore. I don't know how this hasn't been turned into a drinking game yet.

These games are the foundation of my childhood and where my life began. The joy felt from these games must be experienced as an adult and all need to come back to fill our lives with bliss, if only for a few minutes before we have to take that business call or go into that meeting.