9 Ways You Know That You Have The Best Roommate!

Thanks for everything roomie <3.

20

Moving away to college is a weird concept, you pick up your life and stuff it into a room that is the size of your old bedroom, except this time you have to share it with another person and all the luggage they come with. I heard my fair share of horror stories involving roommates but when it clicks, it makes the college experience so much better! So, here are 9 ways that you know that you have the best roommate!

1. You break out into weird, random dance parties

As much as I wouldn’t want the outside world to know I take part in these, they really make my day.

2. You share everything, including food.

Food might just be one of the things that I am most possessive over, but after sharing everything else with my roommate, sharing food is no biggie.

3. You always have someone to lean on.

As much as we all don’t like to admit it, we all have those days when you just want to curl up into a ball and shed some tears, and the experience is so much better when you have a shoulder to do that on.

4. You always have someone to grab food with you.

You never have to worry about eating alone and when you do eat with your roommate, you end up finding yourself cracking up at either a joke or your new-found eating habits.

5. You always have someone who knows yours schedule & “get’s it”

Your roommate always knows where you are, when you’ll be home and understands the pain of when you complain about a class, even if she’s not in it.

6. You always find yourself laughing.

Whether it is at your roommate or with your roommate, there is never a dull moment in your apartment or dorm.

7. As weird as you are, you have no shame in being yourself.

Let’s be honest this may in part be because your roommate is weirder, but it is still comforting to know that you can just be yourself.

8. You stay up way too late talking

Even though you see each other almost every waking hour, you still stay up too late talking!

9. You know that you’re living with your best friend.

This one really doesn’t need a caption. College is a designated 4 years of sleepovers!

If you think about it, college just seems like some weird science or psychology experiment where you’re suddenly surrounded by new people and are forced to stay afloat. Many of us haven’t made a new friend since middle school and at college you have to do all that and try flourish academically. Going through the process with a roommate who you love hanging out with and goofing off with makes the experience so much worth the while. Thanks for everything roomie <3