9 Guests You Will Spot At Disney Theme Parks

Guest Type #1 is the epitome of Disney Park guests.

152
The Odyssey Online

I have been to both Disney World and Disneyland several times; Disney World especially has been one of my family’s favorite vacation spots since I was little. While growing up in the Disney magic, I have been exposed to all of the types of people who visit these parks. Here are nine types of Disney theme park guests that I see every time I visit Mickey Mouse. Trust me when I say this; I probably fall under several of these categories.

Disclaimer: These groups are only some of the types of people that you will see touring the Disney theme parks. There are many types of people that I did not include, so not necessarily everyone fits under one of these groups.

1. The Cute Kid

This type of kid is the epitome of Disney Park guests. These are the kids who absorb in all of the Disney magic as soon as they step foot on Disney property. These kids believe that Mickey Mouse is very real, that Donald Duck is really reaching out for their hands during “Mickey’s Philharmagic,” and that they are truly traveling to space during “Mission: SPACE.” This type of guest is my personal favorite because they aren’t caring so much about how much things cost or how many hours an experience is going to take; they are taking simply taking in the Disney experience.

2. The Adult-Child

This is the complete opposite of the cute kid. This type of child makes me sad. While the cute kid is excited about Disney and is bouncing out of their seats during rides and shows, these kids aren’t having any of it. Their face is in their phones, watching who knows what on YouTube, and they claim that everything is “stupid.” While their parents are trying to humor them by pointing out characters to them, or even just the whimsical touches found in Disney Park rides, they just sit there and roll their eyes! It’s like they don’t even want to be there or something. These pre-pubescent brats think that they are “too cool” for Disney, as they are so “mature.” These kids need to chill and smell the roses sometime.

3. The Clueless

There is a difference between an in-experienced guest (one who has not visited before) and the clueless guest. An inexperienced guest may not know the best way to use the fast pass system, or that you must try a Dole Whip on your day at the Magic Kingdom. This is normal; not everyone is going to know the tricks of the trade at the beginning. However, the clueless guest makes you wonder if they actually knew what they were getting into when planning their vacation. They are most likely found asking cast members where “Harry Potter World” is, or “what time is the 3’o clock parade?” Sometimes I think these guests just stumble into the Disney Parks without actually knowing where they are.

4. The Disney Nut

This guest is nuttier about Disney than Chip and Dale are about everything. They know everything there is to know about Disney parks. They will be able to recite the safety videos for rides such as “Soarin’” and “Star Tours.” They know the best strategies for Theme Park Touring; they know that the best way to cut down Main Street during the morning rush is to cut through the inter-connected stores. They also know all the best restaurants to eat at, and have their reservations planned months in advanced to ensure their place. They also have some of the best cosplay outfits that I have ever seen. They are like the commando in ways, as they are non-stop Disney from sunrise to sundown. However, they still love to take in the magic as if they were small children again and take the moment to stop and smell the flowers and of course the Mickey Waffles.

5. The Commando

This guest is scary. If you see them coming from behind, it is best to jump out of the way before they run you over. This singular guest takes command of their entire group, leading the rest of their party around like they are on a leash. This type of guest has no chill, and will keep their families at the park from “rope drop” to closing. Oh and from my own experience I have learned that they are definitely OK with knocking small children to the ground while they are running to their favorite ride ( and I literally mean that they sprint to rides in the morning). At the end of the night, this guest is seen trying to get a handle on his or her load of crabby, exhausted children who have not had a chance to breathe all day.

6. The "Loose" Parent

This category encompasses all the so called “cool moms” and “rad dads” that are found roaming the Disney theme parks. You won’t be able to really spot this type of parent right away. I mean, they’re having fun, the kids are having fun, and nobody is having any major meltdowns. However, right when this guest is in their natural habitat with their face in their phone, all chaos breaks loose. While this parent is browsing through Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter, their precious little girl or boy is usually causing some sort of trouble. For example, on my last trip to Disney World I saw a little girl who decided it was OK to climb over a fence into a garden enclosure and play in it, and I also saw another little girl almost stick her whole body outside of a moving train while her parents were browsing on their phones. I even had a little boy who wouldn’t stop punching me! The worst part about these parents is that when a cast member or a guest calls them out on their behavior, they claim that their children are just being kids or living life or some crap like that.

7. The Ginormous Tour Group

This group of guests is the most prominent in the busiest times at the Disney Parks, such as Spring Break and during the summer. These groups are most prominent for their extremely bright t-shirts, loud singing and chanting, and ability to change a ride wait-time from 15 minutes to almost two hours in under 5 minutes. I know I said before that the “Commando” is scary, but you don’t want to be stuck in front of one of these groups. If you do, you may end of like Mufasa in The Lion King.

8. The Sneaky-Ninja Elderly Person

For most old-aged people, a Disney park vacation can be exhausting. There is a lot of walking, standing, and other activities that can be strenuous on anyone. Therefore, you wouldn’t really expect elderly people to be such a threat when it is “rope drop” (opening) at the parks right? You would think that they wouldn’t be able to keep up with you on the race to Space Mountain on those early Magic Kingdom mornings. The next thing you know, they are shoving you to the ground as they use their walkers and ECVs as battering rams to get through the crowds in the morning. These folks are hard core, and I love it.