9 Things We Learned From Grey's Anatomy

9 Things We Learned From Grey's Anatomy

There's no other show better at giving life advice.

75
9 Things We Learned From Grey's Anatomy
Popsugar.com

" Grey's Anatomy" is by far one of the most addictive shows within Netflix's extensive repertoire of shows. If you’re a fan, you can agree with me when I say "Grey’s" is one of the few shows you can stand to watch for hours at a time. There is no other show that has enough comedy, drama, and suspense that can keep one’s interest for 12 straight seasons. Whether you’re a hardcore binge watcher or a responsible watcher, we can all agree that there is no such thing as no time for "Grey’s." After seeing Meredith and Alex back on the screen this past Tuesday, I couldn’t help but think of how excited I am for season 13 to go on Netflix just so I can re-watch every episode. So in honor of "Grey’s Anatomy" being back, here are some memorable moments from the original squad – Meredith, Alex, Cristina, Izzie and George., the original squad who hooked us on this amazing show and taught us some valuable lessons along the way.

1. When Meredith spoke the truth about adulthood.

She was right! One second we're teens and before you know it, society is demanding we know what we want with the rest of our lives.

2. When the squad pretty much summarized our whole college career.

Let's be honest with ourselves here, we have all felt this way throughout our college career. People suddenly expect you to know everything about you major but you're pretty much just lost in the sauce trying to figure things out.

3. When George reminded us how your best friends can become your family.

Let's be honest here, "Grey's Anatomy" gave us all unrealistic roommate expectations. Who hasn't wished at least once that they could live in a house with all of their friends just like the original squad did? Not close to your family? No problem, just make your best friends your family.

4. When Izzie taught us that it's okay to ask for help.

We all need some help from time to time. It's okay to listen to Izzie and ask for some help. After all, that's what your friends are for. They're there to help you when you need a hand. Don't be afraid to ask for help.

5. When Cristina gave us an inspirational lesson.

Whenever you are feeling down, just look up some Cristina Yang quotes. She is fierce, smart, unstoppable and everything some of us aspire to become. When ever you need a little confidence boost, you can always count on Cristina having some advice for you.

6. When Alex motivated us to never quit.

Alex started off as being that one asshole we all thought we would hate, but in reality, we fell in love with how sincere and caring he actually is.

7. When Cristina and Meredith defined the meaning of friendship.

When thinking of friendship goals, the Twisted Sisters are the first ones that pop into my head. There is no better example of what a real best friend is besides Cristina and Meredith. They are the ones who taught us that we all need to have our person.

8. When Cristina and Meredith showed us that our best friend is in reality our soulmate.

We all have our significant others but we still need our person. Our best friend may not be the love of our lives, but our best friend is definitely the one who understands how or souls are truly feeling.

9. When they taught us to never give up on our friends.

When you have your person, you have to realize that everyday is not going to be easy. A real friend will sometimes tell you things you don't want to hear, but that's what real friends do. They're there to support you, help you, and encourage you. Things may not always be easy, but you can always count on your person being there for you.