7 Things To Do In Maine This Labor Day Weekend

Festivals, parades, concerts and more!

7906
Search and Resort

As labor day weekend approaches, there is usually plenty of time for festivities but have you got all your time filled. With a nice three day weekend, you may be looking for more ideas so here are 7 things you can do this Labor Day weekend in Maine, and a few extra you can do if you're staying until the following weekend. The list has been refreshed and updated with the best activities to do in Maine on Labor Day 2018.

1. Boothbay Harbor Festival

A fun festival with a fashion show, live music, and lots of yummy food to try. This fest starts on August 31st and goes until September 9th. You can find out more here.

2. Maine Outdoor Film Festival

This annual festival brings outdoor adventure and conservation films to venues all over Maine, and the proceeds go to benefit Teens to Trails, a nonprofit dedicated to engaging teens in the outdoors. Throughout Labor Day weekend (and for the remainder of September) there will be film screenings in various Maine locations - check out their website to see where the films are playing each day and what will be on the screen.

3. Windsor Fair

A cute craft fair, great for all ages, held in Windsor, Maine. Not only is this a great place to pick up some nice homemade crafts and snacks, but there is also a Demolition Derby and Monster Truck Rally being held there. This is the perfect end-of-summer event. Check out their website for details on events and performers.

4. Eastport Salmon and Seafood Festival

A 30-year old tradition in Eastport, to end the summer with a delicious Seafood Festival. This festival runs on Saturday and Sunday of Labor Day weekend. Enjoy seafood, a flea market, vendors and much more! You can find the schedule here (and if you're sticking around until the following weekend, make sure to also check out the Eastport Pirate Festival!).

5. Camden Windjammer Festival

Food, music, activities for kids and adults, a few pirates and lots of windjammers and other boats make for a fun celebration throughout Labor Day Weekend. The festival's Facebook page is the best place for details on the schedule.

6. Enjoy a Concert at the Bangor Waterfront

The Thursday before Labor Day weekend 2018 (august 30th), the Bangor Waterfront Pavilion is hosting Pentatonix. Visit their website to see if they'll add more shows. If you're staying until the next weekend, check out the Reggae Festival featuring Ziggy Marley on September 9th.

7. Hometown Parade

Most towns in Maine, hold a labor day parade. If there isn't one in your hometown check out one close by. Or come to MY hometown and check out the Buckfield Maine Labor Day Parade, followed by a fun festival with games, prizes, music, and more!

Extending your stay through the next weekend? I've got some great stuff for you too!

8. First Friday Art Walk

This is a great event, put on every first Friday of the month in Portland. If you're planning to spend the whole week in Maine, you can catch it on September 7th. This event is held rain or shine and is free for all ages. This is a great cultural event. You can find more information about it here.

9. Capriccio - A celebration of the arts

A fun art festival held in Ogunquit on September 4th. This festival is full of art, outdoor concerts, kite flying and much more. It's held between September 7th and September 10th. Find out more here.

10. Maine Open Lighthouse Day

Maine Open Lighthouse Day

Maine is known for the beautiful lighthouses spread across the coastline, and if you ever wanted to climb to the top of one of them, September 8th is your opportunity. Every year Maine opens about two dozen of its lighthouses for the public on Open Lighthouse Day - the list of participating sites is on their website.