9 Things I Realized While Being Single

9 Things I Realized While Being Single

I'm not worried about finding anyone but myself at the moment

9
9 Things I Realized While Being Single
883zy.com
  1. You will find yourself looking at happy couples and picturing what you will look like. You will spend an absurd amount of time planing your future with someone you haven't even met. You will daydream, and wonder what it feels like to be loved, to be absent of the overwhelming feeling of being alone
  2. When all of your friends are happily in relationships, you will begin to pick yourself apart. You will analyze everything - from the way you laugh to the way you dress. You will begin to think you are the problem
  3. YOU ARE NOT THE PROBLEM. There will be bad days but they will be followed by some good. On your good days - you know, the days you put on your best dress and pair it with the shoes you love so much - on those days you will feel like NO MAN can ever make you feel like you're important, because you already know
  4. If you're anything like me, relationships are a foreign concept, healthy, long lasting ones at least - and yet you always seem to be the person your friends go to for relationship advice? You try your best to think of what's good for them but in the end they ignore it, because they remember - how would you know?
  5. The world has a problem with strong independent women. They will tell you that if you're single and happy, it's sad. They will tell you that third wheeling is pathetic. They will do anything to make you feel like you're less than everyone else who has someone to love
  6. You have someone to love. YOURSELF. How can you expect anyone to love you if you can't lead by example. Don't invite someone into your home when your haven't cleaned up the broken glass from the tornado that was your last relationship. It's hard to love someone who's home is a mess
  7. It's okay to be a mess. It's okay to spend time working on your house, rebuilding it from the ground up, renovating and decorating, take as much time as you need. Nobody expects you to be perfect- and if they do, let them know they're at the wrong house
  8. Before you can be happy with someone else, you must be happy with yourself. It's hard to love someone who doesn't see how lovable they are. How can you expect someone to come in and fix the damage you have chosen to ignore. Besides, if they did help you renovate, you wouldn't be satisfied with the result
  9. Settling is never the answer. One night stands are never the answer. Dumb boys who will tell you what you want to hear and leave you a bigger mess than you were before, ARE NEVER THE ANSWER. Set your standards high, keep them there and never let anyone step on you to reach them.