9 Things Every College Kid Needs On Their Winter Break Bucket List
popular

It's Holiday Season. That means it's time to answer your family's 500 questions.

794
Mary Riley Mixon

We’ve all been there.

You come home for break and in just a few days, your family is already driving you crazy. Here are some things to do to keep you busy and hopefully keep your parents off your back.

1. Binge watch a Netflix series.

Everyone I know highly suggests Stranger Things.

2. Take a day trip with your favorite people.

Google some fun things to do around where you live. Read reviews, see the activities, and pick a fun place to go. It can also make for some cute insta pics that will make your friends from college super jealous.

3. Clean out your closet.

Yes, this sounds boring. But odds are that while you were away at college you picked up a new style or bought some new clothes. It’s the giving season, so donate the clothes you don’t want. It could make someone else’s day and keep your life uncluttered and organized.

4. Go see a movie.

Some of the biggest and best titles are released this time of the year. Remember that it’s always okay to go to a movie alone, that way if you don’t want to go through the stress of organizing something you don’t have to! Also, matinees (daytime showings) are cheaper than evenings and always remember to show your student ID.

5. Take some time to learn a new skill.

Learn how to hand letter or how to do yoga. Not only will it help you pass the time while your home but you may find something you really love to do.

6. Babysit.

Parents need help, especially around the holidays! Put yourself out there on social networks and mention that you’re looking for some babysitting jobs. You’d be surprised how much parents can get done with just 1-2 hours of help... especially if they need to get some last minute Christmas shopping done!

7. Visit your high school friends.

This one should be kind of a given. When you get back from college the first thing you want to do is see all of your old friends and catch up. Make it fun! Have a Christmas party so everyone can be together or just get a group together to go get coffee. Of course, you have new friends from college that you’ve grown close to but keeping your high school friends is very important. Besides, they knew and loved you even in your most awkward days.

8. Drive around and look at Christmas lights.

People put in A LOT of work to have a pretty decorated house. Go enjoy the spirit of the holidays. Make yourself a cup of hot chocolate, put it in your favorite tumbler, and get in your car and go!

9. Be patient.

Try to remember that you’ve been gone for a whole semester. You’ve grown a lot as a person and your family is excited to hear about what you’ve been up to. They love you and have missed you. While sometimes it’s understandable that you have to get away to experience your new found freedom, make sure to spend some good time with them. You’ll make memories that will last forever, I promise!