9 Things To Look Forward To This Summer

9 Things To Look Forward To This Summer

A few ideas on how to make your summer the best it can be.

29
9 Things To Look Forward To This Summer
pexels.com

When you go to camp for 12 summers you become a stranger to the norm of summer activities that people do when they’re at home. So, because this will be my first summer home in many years, I have been thinking about a list of things I want to do. Seems appropriate, right? Now, these are not my life goals or my hopes and dreams or anything, just a few fun things to make my summer (and hopefully yours) a success!

1. Go to the beach.

YES! I mean is there anything better than putting your feet in the sand, cranking up the tunes and just chillin with your friends. This is a simple and basic one, but guess how many times I got to the beach when I was at camp. Yeah, you guessed it, 0! I’m thinking I want to do a beach tour, from the Hamptons, to the Jersey Shore and all the beaches like Jones, Cedar etc. All I want to do is stick my toes in the sand and get a little tan (If I’m lucky).

2. Drive around aimlessly.

In High School driving around with no purpose with the music blasting was a frequent activity! I mean who doesn’t need a nice jam sesh once in a while. Summer is the perfect time for this because you can roll your windows down and just let the air in while you scream the lyrics to some old tunes.

3. Sleep in my own bed.

There really is nothing quite like your bed at home. You may enjoy your bed at school or maybe even be that 1 person who thinks their bed at camp is actually comfortable, but there’s nothing like your first night at home sleeping in your bed! Nothing else in the world compares.

4. Adventures with friends and family

Now one might think an adventure is going to the supermarket with your roomies but I’m talking the big leagues here. This summer I have plans to visit Chicago and DC, one with friends and one with family. I can’t wait for this because although (as you know) I’ve never been home in the summer, I do believe that it might get somewhat boring day after day? This will be a nice way to split up the time and have something exciting and different to look forward to. I’m all about a great road trip this summer, seeing great places, great beaches, great concerts, etc.

5. Eat normal human food.

Have you guys ever eaten camp food? I’m not saying it’s horrible because there are a few meals from there that I would eat any day (chicken patties), but a person can’t exist on just that. I’m looking forward to being able to eat at my favorite restaurants or salad places and trying all the new things that will definitely pop up all over the city in the summer months.

6. Experiencing everything the city has to offer

Because I’m at school for most of the year, I miss out on the cool exhibits that pop up all over NYC or the new musicals that everyone’s talking about. This summer I want to make up for lost time and get to embrace everything the city has for me.

7. Hangout with my friends on summer nights in the city

You know those random nights where your friends say “guys let’s all go to the city”? Those nights are always such fun! I can’t wait to create those awesome nights with friends near and far.

8. Ice cream

This deserves its own category because summer and ice cream simply go together. While locally you can catch me at Cold Stone every night, there are a ton of great ice cream places in NYC to try like 10 Below, Dominique Ansel Kitchen, Davey’s, Ice & Vice etc. So much to try!

9. Relax

The word relax requires absolutely no studying or stress. A calm summer in New Rochelle just doing whatever I want, yeah I could get used to that.