9 Superficial Things I Am Thankful For

9 Superficial Things I Am Thankful For

Occurrences and objects that, while not dinner table worthy, deserve recognition.

207
9 Superficial Things I Am Thankful For
http://emmastrend.com/

Thanksgiving, a time to give thanks for the big things in your life like health, or family, a time to look back over your year and see the things that have gone well for you. And, while it is easy to get caught up in the depth of this historically inaccurate excuse to eat too much and unbutton your pants, I would like to suggest this: while it is important to be thankful for the big things in your like it is important to be thankful for the small things too. That is why this year I am making a list of what I call my shallow favorites.

1. I am thankful that all of my classes are on the first floor or in the basement.

Source: Tumblr

Because then I do not have to display how wildly out of shape I am to everyone in my lectures by showing up to class sweaty and panting.

2. I am thankful that I have yet to crack the screen of my iPhone due to the wildly overpriced, but totally necessary Otterbox I insisted on purchasing.

Source: Tumblr

Because sometimes my phone just leaps out of my hands additionally, I am sure that I have the reflexes of an infant.

3. I am thankful for the three-inch memory foam mattress pad that is on my bed.

Source: Tumblr

Because without it, staying in bed all day would not be nearly as satisfying, which is not to say that I would not still partake in the activity

4. I am thankful for Netflix.

Source: Tumblr

I do not believe any explanation is necessary.

5. I am thankful for microwave popcorn

Source: Tumblr

Because as someone who does not eat meat I have had to find new things to eat and have discovered, like Olivia Pope did, that popcorn does make an excellent meal. Especially when you suffer from eternal laziness.

6. I am thankful that my parents provided me with skin that does not require daily washing in order to stay clear.

Source: Tumblr

Yes, I know, gross, but see above comment about laziness to explain why I am okay with this.

7. I am thankful for the DSW in Queens, New York that allows me to feed my shoe addiction and still have money left over for important things, like dresses or skirts.

Source: Tumblr

Seriously, this place is amazing. The clearance section is like the Narnia of shoes, and no, I will not tell you where it is because I want to keep its wonders to myself, I am selfish that way.

8. I am thankful for Ben & Jerry’s

Source: Tumblr

Again, no explanation necessary

9. Finally, I am thankful for bad sitcoms that only last for about a season, see Trophy Wife.

Source: Tumblr

Because I have the attention span of an infant, to match my infant reflexes, and I cannot follow shows for very long, with the exception of Parks and Recreation and a few other exceptional standouts.

While these favorites may not be ones I would share at the thanksgiving dinner table, they are ones that have no less made my life this year easier. Therefor, I believe they deserve some recognition.