The 9 Stages Of Black Friday Shopping

The 9 Stages Of Black Friday Shopping

20
The 9 Stages Of Black Friday Shopping
Fox News

Thanksgiving means many things. We get to go home and spend time with our families, eat delicious food, have time off from school, and be grateful for everything we have. With Thanksgiving also comes Black Friday, the craziest part of the holiday. Whether you love or hate Black Friday, those who decide to participate go through many stages throughout the night/early morning hours in order to get the best deals possible.

1. The Waiting Game

All through dinner, your eyes watch the clock as you patiently (or not so patiently) wait until you can finally get up and get ready to go shopping. It seems like dinner is taking forever because you've been waiting all day for the moment to finally come and now you're just mere hours away from achieving great deals.

2. Anticipation

You've scrounged through catalogs for weeks on a quest to find all of the best deals. You've mapped out the stores that you want to hit, especially to try and find all of the perfect gifts for the people on your wish list. Your shopping list is made, and your wallet is full, now all you have to do is wait for the doors to open.

3. Confidence

As you run into the store, you know you're going to get the best deals no matter what. Because you're so organized, everything is already planned out. You have a precise system that not even the chaos of the other shoppers can break it.

4. Determination

Whether your sights are set on getting that new TV or a new pair of UGGs, you're ready for whatever is thrown (literally or figuratively) your way. No one is going stop you from achieving your goal. It's all or nothing from now on.

5. Doubt

While you're standing in line, you begin to feel buyer's remorse. Do you really need all of this stuff in your cart? Your motivation begins to flutter away, leaving you confused and wondering whether or not everything is worth it.

6. Caffeine Deprivation

Adding to your doubt, you begin to wonder why you didn't make coffee before you left. You're fading fast, dying of not having any caffeine but when you look over at Starbucks, the line is too long. You'll have to suffer through.

7. Adrenaline

All of that changes when you get up to the register. When the cashier tells you how much money you've saved, you feel like a shopping superstar who has finally gotten a second wind.

8. Triumph

As you walk out of the store with your bags in hand filled with the perfect gifts and everything that you wanted to get on your list, you feel as if you have conquered the world, no matter how tired you feel. You are the queen of shopping and great deals.

9. Exhaustion

After arriving home late in the morning, you realize how tired you actually are. You're emotionally and physically drained and when your head hits your pillow, you know that sleep is taking over. Even though you've been up for over 24 hours, you would gladly do it again.