9 Signs Your Pet Is A Part Of Your Family

A home is not a home without a pet in it.

45
Holly Hastings

Having a pet can be a life altering decision. It's like having a child, only that "child" most likely has fur and walks on all fours. It doesn't matter if you own a cat, dog, horse, or any other animal for that matter. It does matter how much they change your life from the moment you bring them home.

I personally am a complete "catmom." I have two cats in my household that I absolutely love. One of my cats is older, nearly 18 years old, the other is an energetic 2 year old. The joy and companionship that can animal can bring into your life is indescribable. Your pet will quickly become a member of your family. Here are some signs that your pet has become a permanent fixture in your home.

1. They always seem to find the most inconvenient time to lay on you and you feel guilty for moving them.

2. When you go to a store you always come home with new toys for them.

3. They get the best food possible.

4. Your guilty of talking to them in a baby voice.

5. You get an overwhelming sense of joy when they willingly lay in bed with you.

6. You tell them goodbye when you leave.

7. You feel guilty when you've been gone too long and you know they are lonely.

8. You'd do anything to keep them healthy.

9. They take a little piece of your heart and replace it with theirs.