8 Reasons Why You Should Write For The Odyssey

Welcome to the best team on earth!

109
Odyssey / Instagram

You see it in your feed, you read it in your spare time and almost every College has one... Odyssey is a popular platform for young writers to be published and express their thoughts and ideas as well as sharing content that they find #relatable and topics that are trending in the world. So you’re thinking of writing for Odyssey, huh? You’re on the fence. You can’t decide if you should apply or not. Well, let me try and persuade you!

1. You will be a published writer

All your articles and listicles will be posted on Odyssey for them to be shared on different social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, Tumblr and if you’re really ambitious, LinkedIn!

2. You will join a community that shares a common interest — writing!

And it’s a darn good community too! Odyssey is a supportive and accepting community that will always be there to hype you and your ideas up, give constructive feedback and provide experience in the field of writing, editing and publishing.

3. You’ll make new friends!

Everyone loves making new friends! And Odyssey is a great way to do that!.

4. You can write literally whatever you want.

You want to write about puppies? Do it. How your grandma’s doilies have an underlying meaning of life? Fine. Which places are the best places to get chicken wings? I’d read that ish. You can write about anything and anyone (including people who tick you off). Any topic is fair game so the ideas are infinite!

5. After a while, people recognize you!

When your articles trend on social media, people will start recognizing you around campus! It’s like you’re a minor celebrity! I would be in a class and people would turn to me and ask if I write for Odyssey and it’s because they read your articles and they recognize you. It’s crazy!

6. Your writing skills will improve immensely.

I thought I was a decent writer when I first got to college but with Odyssey, they improved times ten. Your creativity, editing skills, and journalistic techniques will develop as you write more and more which really helps when you have to write a paper for a class.

7. You will start conversations with your articles

There’s nothing cooler than seeing people talk about your articles! Whether it’s online or in person, if you write a thought-provoking piece, you can bet that people will have something to say about and thus a dialogue based off of you is born!

8. You will find a home with the Odyssey!

Odyssey is like a second home to me. The people are fantastic and the work is rewarding. So what do you have to lose? Go ahead and apply to be a Content Creator for Odyssey and find your second home!

Apply here: https://muse.theodysseyonline.com/apply