9 Reasons Why I'm Thankful For My Mom

9 Reasons Why I'm Thankful For My Mom

Even though we used to not see eye to eye, having my mom as one of my best friends is one of the best feelings.

119
9 Reasons Why I'm Thankful For My Mom

Even though we always didn’t see eye to eye, there isn’t a day that I wouldn’t thank my mom for all that she has done for me. At some of my lowest points and at some of my greatest, my mom was always the first person that I would call. No matter what I do in life, good or bad, I know that my mom will always have my back and will support anything that I decide in life. That’s something that not many people can say.

1. She knows the answer for every question

‘What do I do if my drain is clogged?’ to ‘Is this outfit too much for (insert event here)?’ No matter what kind of question I ask her, she’ll know the answer right away.

2. I can go to her for anything... I mean anything

I’ll admit, through my awkward middle school and even high school years I would’ve never thought that now I’d be asking my mom about dating advice or any boy advice in general. Nothing is off limits now.

3. She knows me better than I know myself

She knows exactly how I’m feeling, even if I don’t even tell her what’s going on in my life and she’s always willing to listen.

4. She’s the first one I call with good news

Rather it’s a new job opportunity, getting a good grade in a class, or the fact that I didn’t miss a class that week at school. My mom is always my biggest supporter.

5. And she’s always the first one to call with bad news

If its boy issues, crying at the fact that I’m a broke college kid or if I got a bad grade in a class. She always knows what to do next and is always willing to give me the best advice.

6. She is the first person I call well… for anything

Even though sometimes I tell her to call me and it seems like an emergency... but in reality its because my cat (Bella) is doing something cute.

7. She always believes in me, even though sometimes I don’t

Being the strong woman that she is, she can always remind me that I’ll hit some bumps in the road, but anything I set my mind to I’ll accomplish.

8. She’s always down for retail therapy

Life gets hard sometimes and that’s when my mom steps in to remind myself that at the end of the day, my happiness is one of the most important things. Happiness is also linked to indulging in some retail therapy to take my mind off things

9. She is my biggest inspiration

Rather its school, making sure to do well to land a job where I’m genuinely happy. Being a good person to anyone and everyone, accepting others and helping others. I hope to me just like her when I’m older.

At the end of the day, I always think about how grateful I am for this woman. Even through our rough patches, no matter what life throws my way, no matter what I go through, I know that she will always be my rock. She is the definition of a godly woman and a mother. When I’m older, If I’m even just half as great as she is, I’ll be the happiest woman on earth. Love you always mama.