9 Reasons Why Elle Woods is My Hero

9 Reasons Why Elle Woods is My Hero

And should be yours too

176
9 Reasons Why Elle Woods is My Hero
DailyBreak

One of my favorite movies of all time is Legally Blonde. The only thing better than that movie is the Broadway musical based off it. There are so many reasons to love it, the main one being the main character Elle Woods. She has always been an inspiration to me. People often write off the movie as being a cheesy chick flick. But there are so many important lessons to learn from Elle. She is the strong female character that Hollywood often fails to get right. To this day, whenever I need confidence for a job interview or important presentation, I bring out my pink blazer and channel my inner Elle Woods. Every little girl needs a role model who teaches us that you don't have to give up your femininity to be smart and strong.

1. Her confidence

No matter what situation she's thrown into, she manages to keep her cool. When Vivian tricks her into wearing a costume to a fancy party, instead of trying to blame Vivian, she plays it off as being her idea and totally works it.

2. Her intelligence

Elle Woods proves that women are just as smart as men, and proves her intelligence time and time again throughout the movie. After all, she got into Harvard Law just because she wanted to.

3. Her femininity

Unlike a lot of strong female characters in movies, she doesn't give up her femininity to become smart. She proves it's possible to be smart and pretty at the same time.

4. Her sassy attitude

Her sarcasm is awe-inspiring for anyone with an attitude. But she never uses it to bring people down. She uses her words to bring herself up without bringing others down.

5. Her independence

The main lesson of the movie; you don't need a man to make you complete. She's a strong independent woman who don't need no man because she has her intelligence and beauty.

6. Her sex appeal

Just because she doesn't need a man, doesn't mean she can't get one if she wants to. Let's be honest, if you've seen the movie, you've probably tried the bend and snap. It really works!

7. Her dedication

No matter how hard things get for her, she never gives up. Her determination is inspiring for every college student wondering how they're going to make it through.

8. Her honesty

She doesn't beat around the bush. When she's upset, she shows it without worrying about being construed as bitchy. When someone hurts her, she calls them out on it. Girls are often taught to not "overreact" or be "too emotional", but Elle shows us that's completely fine.

9. Her friendliness

The popular, pretty girl stereotype is often correlated with being mean to people who aren't as cool. But Elle doesn't care who you are, as long as you don't hurt her or her friends, she lets you into her heart.