9 Reasons I'm Not Ready To Let Go Of Summer

Summer is coming to an end and I'm not ready for it.
124

Phineas and Ferb promised me in their theme song that there are 104 days of summer vacation. Unfortunately, I recently did the math and realized that based on my school schedule "school comes around just to end it" even sooner than I thought. In my limited days left, I intend to make the most of my summer, albeit significantly less impressive than the exploits of Phineas and Ferb.

That being said, here are 10 reasons why I'm not quite ready to let go of summer (Unfortunately, they don't have to do with fighting a mummy or locating Frankenstein's brain):

1. Binge-watching

Without school in session, my sleep schedule and free time are much more accommodating for binge-watching my favorite shows. Having just watched all of "Veronica Mars" in the past week, I certainly will miss this capability once school comes back around.

2. No homework

This summer has been my first wholly homework-free time period since middle school. Now, I don't even remember what homework feels like, and I'm not quite ready to remember...

3. Vacations

Missing one day of school throughout the year stresses me out, so week-long vacations are off the table. I could never even imagine missing a whole week to go to Disney World (although I certainly wish I could)! So, vacations are strictly reserved for summertime, which I will certainly miss.

4. Weather

When asked, I always say fall is my favorite season. However, must admit that every year when fall comes around I find myself missing the summer sun!

5. Reading

Sure, I read tons every school year. Yet, I find myself reading way more over the summer. Why? Because I can read whatever I want! Without assignments, I am free to read whatever I choose - something I much prefer to assigned reading.

6. Sleep

My sleep schedule every summer begins to slowly shift until I'm practically nocturnal. Although this sounds incredibly unhealthy, I need to find time to binge-watch somewhere, right? Staying up late and sleeping in even later is definitely one of my summer staples.

7. Concerts

Concerts all year round are equally awesome, however, there's a special place in my heart for summer nights spent outside listening to live music under the stars. I would pick seeing one of my favorite bands outside on a lawn than inside a dark concert venue any day!

8. No stress

Summer is the perfect time to de-stress! Having no classes, schoolwork, and activities to worry about does wonders for my stress levels.

9. Friends and family

When school comes around, a whole new group of people begins to take over the time in our life, leaving significantly less room for the friends and family left at home. Phone calls just don't compare to seeing your loved ones face-to-face whenever you want.