9 Netflix Shows Every Sci-Fi And Crime Show Lover Should Be Binging Right Now

This semester, relax with TV shows about alien invasions, supercomputers, intergroup telepathy, and crime fighting!

38
Photo by Charles Deluvio 🇨🇦 on Unsplash

Nothing quite beats the excitement of tuning in to your favorite Netflix shows after a long day of classes or work. Over the past two years, Netflix has become a staple of my college existence and one of my favorite methods of stress relief.

My husband and I especially love to binge-watch TV shows with science fiction and crime/thriller themes—the kinds of shows that keep you on the edge of your seat with every episode. Here are the top 9 Netflix shows we've been addicted to this year:

1. Travelers

If you loved "The Twilight Zone," then you'll love the futuristic plot within "Travelers." This show follows a group of time-traveling identities which enter the present day via deceased bodies to help stop criminal acts and reduce major tragedies.

2. Colony

My husband and I started watching "Colony" after we finished watching "Lost" in August, and it is one of our all-time favorite shows. We love the alien drama, the many plot twists, and the interesting relationships within the show. Thankfully, the show has been renewed for a third season, and we can't wait to watch it later in the year!

3. Sense 8

"Sense 8" is about a group of 8 individuals who intervene in each other's lives for support, safety, and love via their shared telepathic abilities. The show focuses on drama and relationships more than it focuses on the group's special powers, but it's still interesting to watch and follow the sci-fi plot line.

4. Person of Interest

My husband loves "Person of Interest," and I think it's safe to say that it is his favorite show of all time. We are currently watching season one of the show, and I am definitely addicted to watching it. The show is really interesting because the characters use data from a supercomputer to fight crime in New York City. I would really recommend giving "Person of Interest" a try!

5. Ozark

"Ozark" really surprised me because I had never seen Jason Bateman (who played the main character) in such a serious role before. The show is so interesting because it focuses on a huge money laundering scandal as well as dozens of complicated relationships and situations near Lake of the Ozarks. It kept us on the edge of our seat, and I really hope that Netflix renews "Ozark" for another season!

6. Stranger Things

What more can I say about "Stranger Things" other than the fact that I cannot wait to see what Eleven and the guys accomplish in season 3?

7. Law & Order: Special Victims Unit

Although I've never actually seen "Law & Order: SVU," I trust others when they say that the show is incredibly addicting. Personally, I absolutely love watching crime shows ("CSI: Crime Scene Investigation" was my life in middle school), so I'm sure that this show would be no exception.

8. Shooter

"Shooter" was one of my favorite shows to watch because it has dozens of plot twists and various points suspense throughout its one season. The storyline is almost better than a crime show because it just seems so real and relatable. I seriously can't wait until the next season comes out!

9. The Blacklist

I've only seen one episode of "The Blacklist," but I'm adding it to this list because my husband and I hope to watch this show after we finish "Person of Interest." We are just really addicted to shows with crime, action, and sci-fi plot lines.

Bonus series: Lost

Rest in peace, "Lost." We will forever miss you, as you were removed from Netflix in January. Nevertheless, we will never forget how we fell in love with all of your characters, seasons, and surprises.

This year, if you're a science fiction or crime show lover like my husband or me, give these 9 Netflix shows a chance to become your new favorite TV series.