9 Major Reasons Why You'll Always Need Your Mom

You might be on your own now, but you can always use your mom's help.

629

As we grow up, we like to think that we can handle ourselves and make our own decisions. Once we make it to high school, it's like a switch is flipped and we're finally smart enough to take care of ourselves. This means it's time to start acting like an adult, and there are so many things that you get to do on your own. But no matter how old you get, every once in a while, it's just too much too handle... and that is when your mom is always willing to step in and save the day.

1. She answers all of your questions.

"Is this outfit weather-appropriate, or do I need a jacket?" "Does this look normal, or do you think it's infected?" "Do I have to wait until the oven is heated, or can I go ahead and put the chicken in?" It doesn't matter what you're asking, your mom always knows the answer.

2. She's your personal doctor.

She's the first person you want to talk to when you start feeling under the weather. She knows exactly what your symptoms mean and can spot the difference between a cold and a flu, just by looking at you. She probably has a cabinet full of medicine that she'll use to fix you up and if worse comes to worst, she'll try to kiss it and make it better.

3. She knows tips and tricks for every little thing.

She's the one you'll call when there's a stain on your favorite t-shirt because she knows the easiest way to get it out. She knows just how long you can wait past the expiration date before it's time to clean out your fridge. She tells you where to shop to get the best deals. And she always knows what you should do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling down.

4. She will (usually) take your side.

Unless you're going up against your dad. In that case, she'll probably pick him over you. But in the grand scheme of things, your mom has your back and is willing to stand up for you no matter what, because she believes in you.

5. She will drop everything when you're in need.

You've been her number one priority since the day you were born, and even when she is irritated or upset with you, she will never ignore your needs. Whether you're sick, stranded on the side of the road, or just having a really bad day and need a hug, your mom will be there for you in the blink of an eye.

6. She's always cheering you on.

She'll be there from your first steps to the first time you use the toilet. She'll be there from your first day of preschool to the day that you graduate. She'll be on the sidelines of every ball game, every pageant, and every academic contest. She's your biggest fan and she'll never let you forget it.

7. She is brutally honest with you.

If your make up looks like crap, she will try to wipe it off your face. If the boy you like isn't interested, she'll tell you to move on. If you've gained a little weight, she'll probably point it out. If your 'best friend' isn't treating you very well, she'll tell you about it straight up. If your outfit choice doesn't flatter you, she'll make sure that you know. Not because she's being mean, but because she's looking out for you and doesn't want anyone else to hurt you.

8. She makes sacrifices so you can always have what you want/need.

Your mom will always put you first, even if it means that she has to go without. She'll see you eyeing that last piece of dessert, and no matter how badly she wants it, she'll say "Go ahead and take it." She'll lay that pretty new shirt back down if she has to choose between buying it or buying you a new pair of shoes. She'll even get out of bed and nurse you back to health, when she's just as sick as you are.

9. She will baby you no matter how old you are.

She loves to spoil you and make you smile, because seeing you happy makes her happy too. Even when you're a legal adult, you're still a baby in your mother's eyes, and no matter how old you get, that will never change.

Let's be honest, no matter how old we are we will always need our moms (or shall I say, Superheroes?)