​9 Life Changing Twenty One Pilots Lyrics

"We are Twenty One Pilots. And so are you."

532
Wikimedia

In a few short days, I will be among thousands of other Twenty One Pilots fans waiting eagerly until Tyler Joseph and Josh Dun take the stage. This will be my third time seeing them live, lucky me!! And I am proud to say that I am just as excited to see them this time as I was the first time.

It’s been months since I first purchased my tickets for the show on January 27th. Over those months, my anticipation and excitement has continued to grow and develop. Now that the concert is just a few short days away, I am more excited than ever.

One of my friends once told me that they did not understand the obsession with Twenty One Pilots. They believe their combination of talking yet rapping yet singing all in one song is confusing and overwhelming. As respectfully as I could, I accepted their opinion and quickly changed the topic. But, as someone who understands and relates to their talking, rapping, and singing combination, I would like to share some of their lyrics that I am able to relate to.

1. "I’m forced to deal with what I feel, there is no distraction to mask what is real" --Car Radio

Let's face it, life can be challenging at times. But hiding from these challenges will not make them disappear. You must face challenges in order to overcome them.

2. "Fight it, take the pain, ignite it" --Holding On To You

Recognize objects that bring you pain. Acknowledge the source. Then fight it. Do not settle for anything less than you deserve.

3. "We’ll make pretend that you and me lives ever after happily" --House of Gold

That is the end goal for all, right? To live happily ever after with those who love and support you.

4. "I’m trying to be so cool, everything together trying to be so cool" --Screen

Trying to act like you have your life together at all times of the day is exhausting. Wearing yourself too thin is not cool, nor healthy.

5. "Shadows will scream that I’m alone, but I know we’ve made it this far" --Migraine

No matter how lonely you may feel, you are never alone. There is someone out there who feels the same way you do, someone going through a very similar situation that will be able to support you.

6. "Let's take this one-second at a time; let's take this one song, this one rhyme. Together, let's breathe" --Guns for Hands

You will get through this. Breathe. Collect yourself. Move forward. Change the world.

7. "The man deserves a medal but he’s never really won a prize before" --Johnny Boy

Your self-worth is not measured based on grades, wages, or prizes. You are important. You are more important than your GPA, your part-time job, and your lack of recognition.

8. "I found my way. Right time, wrong place." --The Judge

Timing is everything. Plan for success and success will come to you.

And last but not least, my personal favorite Twenty One Pilots lyric of all time. Can't wait to see you guys soon!

9. "I will make you believe you are lovely" --Lovely