9 Lessons Brooke Davis Taught Us

9 Lessons Brooke Davis Taught Us

What would B. Davis do?
67

If you don't watch "One Tree Hill", I'd say it's time to start. If you've had the misfortune of missing out on this fabulous show, you are most certainly missing out on Brooke Davis. Brooke Davis goes from being a party girl in high school to a big-time fashion designer with her own magazine. She grows up to be a successful, happy, and confident woman, despite her past.

Here are a few lessons every girl undoubtedly learned from the beautiful and talented B. Davis:

1. It's okay to be afraid of the future.

All too often, we are afraid of showing fear. We are afraid to admit that we don't have it all figured out yet. Brooke Davis showed us that fear is okay; fear is natural. Fear does not is sign of weakness, it is a sign of strength.

2. Never apologize for who you are.

Brooke Davis always stayed true to herself and was completely unapologetic about it. She taught us that if someone doesn't like you for who you are, they aren't worth it. The ones that are worth it will love you for exactly who you are and will not ask you to change.

3. You are not what people label you as.

Hands down one of the best B. Davis quotes out there is this one: "People are going to label you. It's how you overcome those labels, that's what matters." Just because someone tells you that you aren't good enough does not mean that it's true. Trust Brooke Davis's words: You are always good enough, and if someone tells you otherwise, you don't need them in your life.

4. Zero is not a size.

Well, technically, zero is a size, but that doesn't mean it has to be your size. B. Davis's fashion line emphasized women of all body types, and celebrated the fact that we are all different and that is what makes us beautiful. If only more clothing companies today emphasized Brooke Davis's "Zero is not a size" movement.

5. Learn to forgive.

Never let anyone push you around, but always acknowledge that it's okay to give second chances. People really can change, and Brooke Davis herself is a prime example of a person who did exactly that.

6. You deserve someone who will fight for you.

You deserve the very best, and you should always believe that. Don't let anyone treat you like you aren't special.

7. When in doubt, give them a sassy look.

A quick and sassy eye look can solve all your problems. Don't know what to say? Sassy look. Confused? Sassy look. Angry? Sassy look. Brooke Davis is notorious for her girl power and sweet, yet super sassy attitude.

8. Look out for your friends.

Brooke Davis never failed to be there when someone needed her, even if they just needed a hand to hold. Sometimes you just need someone to let you know that you aren't alone. Look out for the people you care about; they will look out for you in return.

9. Always believe in yourself.

You can do anything if you just believe in yourself. Brooke Davis's dream was to start a fashion line, and she ended up with her own company. Whatever your dream is, Brooke Davis knows that you can make it happen.

Thank you, B. Davis, for all the lessons along the way.