9 Items Every College Student Needs: 2020 Edition

This college year is unlike any other. Let's make our school semesters the most enjoyable part of this year.

111

This is no secret: the first two weeks of college are like no other time in your life, especially now when everyone is inside. With all the time indoors, making your new room feel like home is super important, as well as staying organized. Some not-so-obvious essentials will turn your year from normal to spectacular. Here's a list of what you may have forgotten to create your mini paradise.

Sleep Mask

The sun feels way more bright when you're trying to sleep. Cover your eyes and sleep forever. Sleep is essential, after all.

Ear Plugs

With soft ear plugs, you can block out any noise, from roommates, music, or random sounds because someone decided to mow the lawn on Saturday morning.

Diffuser

Unsplash

There are so many benefits to a diffuser. If you're going to school in a dry area, a diffuser can put some moisture back in the air. The main draw is getting a diffuser and essential oils and have your room smell like a fresh rose garden all the time.

Soft Lights

This is even more important if you live in a dorm. Fluorescent lights are awful and put a damper on any cute room. Trust me, you'll feel better with your non-blinding lights on.

Backrest Pillow

There will be a time where you have some homework to do but you just cannot sit at your desk for laziness reasons. Sit up with your back rest pillow in your bed and be both lazy and productive.

Step Stool

It's just a multipurpose item that is very much overlooked. Dorm beds are taller than you expect, if you're on the shorter side, you will need one.

Daily Planner

Unsplash

There are endless opportunities in college, and even more papers to write. Keeping track of everything going on is important!

Multicolored Pens

This goes along perfectly with the daily planner. Using different colors in planning or just regular note-taking helps you remember different ideas or tasks and helps with organization.

More Storage Containers

During your time in college, you will just naturally collect more stuff, like shirts and more. Of course, you need a place to put all of your new college gear.