9 Incredible Quotes by Thich Nhat Hanh

9 Incredible Quotes by Thich Nhat Hanh

"Live the actual moment. Only this moment is life.​"

858
9 Incredible Quotes by Thich Nhat Hanh
Sarah Brooks

I love inspirational quotes.

Anyone who knows me is aware of this fact. Whether I'm writing calligraphy art of quotes, adding them as motivational touches to emails, or using them as captions on my Instagram posts, I will always have a quote worthy of the situation.

Over this last year I have read a lot of books by Thich Nhat Hanh. Many of his words are inspirational thoughts that I've remembered, shared, or turned into art.

I have collected my favorite quotes of his to share. Being mindful in the present moment is a good thing to consider, especially when going into a new year.

"For dialogue to be fruitful, we need to live deeply our own tradition and, at the same time, listen deeply to others. Through the practice of deep looking and deep listening, we become free, able to see the beauty and values in our own and others' traditions."

"Our capacity to make peace with another person and with the world depends very much on our capacity to make peace with ourselves."

"Breathing in, I calm my body.
Breathing out, I smile.
Dwelling in the present moment,
I know this is a wonderful moment."

"We all need time to reflect and to refresh ourselves."

"To breathe and know you are alive is wonderful. Because you are alive, everything is possible."

"True happiness is not possible without a certain degree of calmness and peace in our heart and in our body."

"Peace is not just an end. Each step we make should be peace, should be joy, should be happiness. Precepts and commandments help us dwell in peace, knowing what to do and what not to do in the present moment. They are treasures that lead us along a path of beauty, wholesomeness, and truth. They contain the wisdom of our spiritual traditions, and when we practice them, our lives become a true expression of our faith, and our well-being becomes an encouragement to our friends and to society."

"If we cling to our idea of hope in the future, we might not notice the peace and joy that are available in the present moment. The best way to take care of the future is to take care of the present moment."

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently, as if it is the axis on which the world earth revolves – slowly, evenly, without rushing toward the future; Live the actual moment. Only this moment is life."