9 Eco-Friendly Products For Back To School

Simple ways to be a littler nicer to the environment this year.

609
Business Insider

These products will not only make the planet smile, but also your wallet. So, make a difference by purchasing a few of these eco-friendly products before heading back to school.

1. The Stainless Steel Water Bottle

instead of bottled water

This is my personal favorite enviromental friendly product of all time. Yes, $40 sounds crazy for one of these water bottles, but it will last as long as you want it to. (Don't worry, there are cheaper options too). That beats all those $2 plastic bottles you collect over the year. Plus, this bottle keeps your water super cold all day long.

2. School Supplies

instead of wasting tons of paper

It is easy to find Eco-friendly or recycled versions of almost any school supply you need this year. These recycled and sustainable materials help out the earth more than you might think. You can also get rid of those notebooks all together and switch to electronic note taking if you're into that sorta thing. (I still prefer the old fashioned handwritten notes).

3. Reusable Coffee Cup

instead of all those Starbucks cups

Making your daily coffee or tea at home in your own mug or to go cup will come a long way. Plus, you can stand out with your unique to go cup instead of blending in with all the classic Starbucks logos. save money while also saving the environment some hassle.

4. Makeup

instead of those harsh chemicals

Do we even know what we're putting on our faces most of the time? With all the new, cool, and trendy eco-friendly makeup out there, maybe now is the perfect time for a switch. Check it out here.

5. Reusable Containers

instead of styrofoam containers

It keeps your food fresher and the landfills clearer. Swap out one of those non-recyclable containers for one of these today. Styrofoam is such an ugly mess for Mother Earth, so please stop feeding it to her.

6. Beeswax Wraps

instead of cling wrap

These reusable cotton wraps coated in beeswax are perfect for wrapping anything you’d normally cover in plastic before putting in the fridge. Plus, they're kinda cute in the fun patterns.

7. Reusable Bags

instead of plastic or brown bags

Stop collecting all those grocery store plastic bags and bring your own reusable ones. Stop packing your lunch in brown bags and use a reusable bag. There are so many different uses you can get out of a nice reusable bag, so just go buy one (or more) already.

8. Drying Racks

instead of dryers and dish washers

Why waste the earth's energy on things that can be done by natural air flow? those dishes can sit on a rack to dry, same with those clothes.

9. The Diva Cup

instead of tampons

Ladies, I know that there is nothing more annoying than realizing you forgot to buy more tampons or that your roommate took your last one. Save the trouble and the environment buy purchasing just one diva cup. This one cup is equivalent to a decade worth of tampons.