Best Christmas Activities That Don't Involve Drinking

8 Christmassy Activities That Have Nothing To Do With Drinking Or Shopping

Unique activities for the busiest (and booziest) time of the year.

1810
Madeline Lay

The holiday season is in full swing, however, the most wonderful time of the year can quickly become the busiest time of year.

Don't get too caught up in all of the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping. You don't want to forget about spending time with all of the important people in your life!

Take a breather from studying for finals or from the crowds at the mall and start making plans with the people you love. The season is short, but the memories last forever!

It's lit (literally).

Immortal shots / Pexels

Pile all your friends in the car and start driving!

Drive to some of the best neighborhoods you know and admire the extravagant Christmas lights around your town. Pack blankets and hot chocolate and turn on the Christmas carols to get even more in the spirit! It's guaranteed to be a memorable night, and it's free too.

A baking binge.

Kaboompics .com / Pexels

Hungry? I hope so. It's time for a cookie party.

From classic gingerbread men to those crazy Pinterest recipes you have been eying for weeks now, your time to bake is now.

Fill your home with the sweet aroma of sugar cookies and cinnamon. Your stomach will thank you later.

Try this Gaya Recipes chocolate chip snowball cookie recipe for an extra challenge.

On thin ice...

Immortal shots / Pexels

Whether you are an expert figure skater or you have never stepped onto an ice rink in your life, ice skating during the wintertime should not be overlooked!

While it may seem cliche, ice skating is sure to bring lots of smiles to you and your friends and family. Don't be afraid if you have never gone before. Everyone clings to the wall at first. You will learn much quicker than you think, and you can be sure to have lots of laughs.

Sing it out.

Samer Daboul / Pexels

Buddy The Elf said it best: "The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear."

Make singing Christmas carols even more interesting by playing this silly game. Give someone headphones or earbuds and put on a Christmas song loud enough that the person cannot hear themself talk. Then, tell them to sing along with the song. Make sure to video your friend as they sing and find out who has the best singing voice…and who does not…

You are never too old to build a fort.

Lisa Fotios / Pexels

I don't know about you, but for me Christmas time brings back so many memories from my childhood.

Be a kid again this Christmas, and build THE MOST EPIC fort you have ever made. Then, grab some of those Christmas cookies you baked before, and start a Christmas movie marathon.

Socks are the new sweaters.

Irina Iriser

Ugly sweater parties are fun, but have you ever gone to an ugly sock party? Christmas socks are everywhere, so do not delay. Buy yourself a funny pair of Christmas socks and show them off at your next Christmas party. If you are feeling extra creative, you can even DIY your own pair.

Create the best hot chocolate in the world.

freestocks.org / Pexels

Warm up from the cold winter weather and work on perfecting your hot chocolate. Create the best hot chocolate you have ever tasted and make sure to have your friends and family try it too. Add fun toppings, and don't share any of your secret ingredients!

Try this peppermint hot chocolate recipe from Landeelu for an extra kick to your sweet chocolatey drink.

There's nothing like home videos.

Pexels / Alexander Dummer

This winter is going to be a good one. Document your adventures along the way with pictures and videos. At the end of the season you can compile all of your content into one big home video. If you are looking for a free and easy way to create your own videos, I recommend downloading the free app known as Splice.

Christmas is around the corner! Don't let the season pass you by too quickly. Remember, there are very few things in life that are more important than spending time with the people you care about.