8 Ways To Spread The Love

8 Ways To Spread The Love

It can conquer all of the hate.

164
8 Ways To Spread The Love
Heart Sunset

Everyone needs some L-O-V-E right now. I think we can all agree on this, no matter what political party you are.

There is a lot of hate around. From social media posts, to conversations with peers. The negative discourse I've heard and hateful images displayed are depressing. It's disheartening to see our country turn against one other.

As a natural optimist, I am trying my hardest to see the best in others. However, this can be a challenge in itself. It's difficult to see the good when all around us is the bad.

If you're like me and need to see that love be back in full force, then try one or two ideas from this list!

1. Compliment someone.

It can be a friend, family member, classmate, or stranger! It doesn't matter who it is, just be sincere. A compliment goes a long way for people. It might even be the brightest moment in their day!

2. Make blessing bags.

A good friend of mine makes little brown paper sacks full of goodies, which she keeps in her car and passes out to the homeless. I think this is such a meaningful activity to partake in. It is a thoughtful gift for someone who needs it the most. Blessing bags usually include healthy snacks, simple hygiene items, over-the-counter medicine, a water bottle, a couple of dollars to spend and even a little prayer card. The next time you see a homeless friend on the street corner, you can give them one of the blessing bags you put together.

3. Post something encouraging.

Make sure your social media posting is uplifting, encouraging, inspiring, or meaningful in some form. It can be tempting to get involved with a Facebook argument but resist. When you do that, it only creates more drama. Nothing gets solved online. Comments should build others up, not tear them down.

4. Serve others.

In some way, big or small! Volunteer, get behind a cause you're passionate about or go out of your way to make someone's day a little easier.

5. Be respectful.

When you engage with another, especially with someone who you don't see eye to eye with, always be respectful. Sure you can stand up for your own beliefs, but do so appropriately. Everyone has different opinions and reviews... remember that.

6. Stay positive.

It may take everything you have, but spread positive vibes only! Your example can help others to look to themselves to see if they are being just as positive. It takes a positive attitude to spread the love.

7. Write a cheerful note.

And then leave them for your roommates, parents or friends. For example, your roomie is nervous for her upcoming test. Take a couple of minutes to write her a good luck note and then hide it in her backpack so she can be surprised by it the next day.

8. SMILE.

It can be a ripple effect.

Never lose hope in humanity. We will get through the hate, one act of kindness at a time.

Keep on spreading the love!