8 Uplifting Bible Verses for the Struggling Teenager

God will never leave us nor forsake us
5342

Life is hard. There is no surprise there. It’s confusing and scary and hectic, but there are some amazing qualities, too. Sometimes you feel alone and don’t know what to do. School gets in the way of what you want to do or you’re dropping friends you thought you trusted. Everyone has their moments. Everyone has felt in the lowest place and couldn’t find strength to get back up. But I want to help with that. Here are 10 Bible verses I hope will brighten your day, or at least make you feel stronger and happier.

Jeremiah 29:11

“‘For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord. ‘Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.’”

It is hard to know what will happen in our life and sometimes it’s scary to think about how we lack that knowledge. But God has said He has great plans for us. He knows what will happen and it is our job to trust and obey Him.

Hebrews 6:19

“We have this anchor for the soul, firm and secure.”

Faith can be a tricky thing. “Do I really believe in this? I can’t see God. Is He really there?” These thoughts pass through everyone’s minds at least one point in time. Faith is a huge jump. But the outcome is amazing. Faith can move mountains. We just need to challenge it and figure out what we truly believe.

Joshua 1:9

“Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

I think it’s easier to say we all get a little fearful in life. Not everything goes as planned and it shakes us up. But it’s important to remember who we’re living for and why. If we’re too afraid to do what God has commanded us to do, we might not get to this place where He needs us to be. He won’t fail us. He won’t leave us. Instead of focusing on fear, try to focus on trusting Him. I know it’s hard, but trusting Him brings us one step closer to Him and where we need to be. And in the end, it will lead to a remarkable gift.

Exodus 14:14

“The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still.”

God will never leave us nor forsake us. He is there for us in every little moment of every day. He cares for us and loves us and wants us. It’s always difficult to sit still and let God do His work, especially in a really tough time where we think we can handle things. But the truth is, we can’t. Not without Him.

Luke 1:45

“Blessed is she who has believed that the Lord would fulfill his promises to her!”

This is an amazing reminder to be still and trust in God. He has blessed us and sometimes we take it for granted without realizing it. We need to trust that He will fulfill the promises He has given us. If we take a step back and look at the whole picture, we will realize He has been there for every little thing. He is there and wants us to hear Him. If we believe with all our heart that God will forever and always be there for us, then we will be able to trust Him. What is a better gift there than God? Let go and let God.

Psalm 61:2

“From the ends of the earth I call to you, I call as my heart grows faint; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.”

We all grow weak and weary. We need rest and faith that whatever we are going through, God will guide us. When we’re overwhelmed, it’s easy to shut our emotions off. But instead, we should give it to God. That doesn’t mean give it to Him and forget about it and think it is no longer our problem. Give it to Him and continually pray for it. Ask Him to guide us to that rock and help us defeat this trial.

Matthew 6:34

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

It is easy to worry and focus on the things going wrong rather than the things going right. When we worry, we are draining ourselves, leaving us tired and weary. And that is exactly what the devil wants. He whispers in our ears all the negative aspects of a day, which can easily lead to anxiety and worry. Be strong and try to focus on the positive things. It’s better to focus on at least one positive thought amongst a thousand negative ones instead of focusing wholly on the negative.

2 Corinthians 5:7

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.”

Faith is built on trust and love, even if we can’t see anything. In some cases, we might not think God is there simply because we can’t see Him. But He is there. We just need help looking at the bigger picture. Having faith isn’t something we say to try and convince ourselves that God is real and alive. It means we are taking a leap into this world, His world, even if we don’t know all the information. It’s okay to doubt sometimes, just as long as it doesn’t keep you from believing in our Savior. Faith is a heart thing. Why say we have a faith when deep down we know we don’t? We need to take that leap and remember that God will be there to catch us. He always has and always will.